First time on forums need some help - Kawasaki Forums

New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 PM

Default First time on forums need some help

Hello all, Ive never been on any kind of forum at all but I just bought my girl her first bike. 1989 ex250 real clean but has a leaking fuel tank it has a few pinhole leaks in it. I had this issue with my zx11r but opted to purchase a new fuel tank it was surprisingly cheaper than the one for her new bike. If anyone has a tank laying around Id definitely look into purchasing it. Or if you guys have any repair tips that would be great too. Im just not super comfortable with having a repaired tank on the bike. Shes very excited to get on it and learn a whole new world. Let me know if you have a tank or tips. Thanks a lot!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Get comfortable for the cost. Take it to a truck radiator/fuel tank repair shop and have it cleaned out and coated. The shop where I worked some years back would have a local shop take care of rusted tanks that way. I have an SR500 tank that was done and a scooter tank that was really bad, done up. They use a hard shell coating that is impervious to chemicals. Costs less than $100 in Ohio, when I had it done it was only $35. Do the job and never worry about rust pin holes again.