Honda's self-balancing bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Honda's self-balancing bike

Honda's self-balancing bike stands alone | Fox News

Pretty cool technology, I wonder how it'll effect the motorcycle market in the years to come.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

If they would only come up with a trail model, I would never fall down again......?

Old 01-07-2017, 12:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
If they would only come up with a trail model, I would never fall down again......?
Nope, now if they could just attach a chain saw to the front so we could avoid that darn tree or bush that jumped out in front of us!

Old 01-07-2017, 03:25 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I put ABS brakes, traction control, GFI electrical plugs, safety matches, and now self-balancing bikes in the category of "defeating Darwin's law". No wonder society is loaded with mouth-breathing zombies.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Exactly TNC, all that + airbags, seat belt laws, tobacco usage disapproval laws, cars that parallel park themselves, upcoming autonomous driving autos, the strict DUI, DWI laws ( Hell you can't even ride in the back of a truck anymore!) all serve to upend "survival of the fittest" as well as "culling of the herd".. Back in my day, if you were an "inferior specimen" driving drunk with a truck bed full of peeps, everyone died when you hit a tree. Thus, statistically lessening the danger to society - But now those peeps are living and growing up to adulthood in the basement of their parents home, etc...

Just kidding, there is nothing more precious than the "Runt of the Litter"..

Last edited by Klxster; 01-07-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I put ABS brakes, traction control, GFI electrical plugs, safety matches, and now self-balancing bikes in the category of "defeating Darwin's law". No wonder society is loaded with mouth-breathing zombies.

Now really, admit it, GFI plugs do a good job should there be failure in an appliance. It's not all about blow drying your hair while taking a bath...

What they really need is a bike that will pick itself up after you do fall.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
Exactly TNC, all that + airbags, seat belt laws, tobacco usage disapproval laws, cars that parallel park themselves, upcoming autonomous driving autos, the strict DUI, DWI laws ( Hell you can't even ride in the back of a truck anymore!) all serve to upend "survival of the fittest" as well as "culling of the herd".. Back in my day, if you were an "inferior specimen" driving drunk with a truck bed full of peeps, everyone died when you hit a tree. Thus, statistically lessening the danger to society - But now those peeps are living and growing up to adulthood in the basement of their parents home, etc...

Just kidding, there is nothing more precious than the "Runt of the Litter"..
U could go back and live in a cave and carry a big club, but you can't do that around here. Without modern society rules & advantages, most of us would be in the ground already.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Not for me, Another case of technology misapplied just for the sake of "because it can be done ". Deal with it all the time at work. Company's like to showcase this kind of stuff because the marketeers think the next generation will embrace it. Trading real world sensory skill and feedback for simulated assisted interaction.... do we want to ride motorcycle or play computer game ?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Based on the current youth - computer games!