Exhaust Heat Shield Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust Heat Shield Mod

I used the stock header with the pro circuit pipe,and it gave it more bottom end power,
maybe it work's like the expansion pipe no a two stroke,
I also read if you wont bottom end power in a car you go with short small diameter header's,
and top end power long larger diameter header's .......just a thought.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm sure that's just Big Gun trying to keep things real for us simple folks. Actually, that rust color is a 'special' anti-corrosive coating beneath the 'special' ceramic coating.This 'special' material disguises itself as a layer of rust, so rust won't attack it. PrettyIngenious,eh?![8D] Man! How can the likes of Muzzy and the rest compete?

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

it appears that that header has been painted, it sure isn't new as stated. sure the BG is ceramic coated, but no one ever said that that would make it last forever. everything succumbs to heat sometime. sure the stainless will last longer corrosion wise, but i do not like the color it turns after it heats up. my BG is still as shiny as it was when new. granted it has never been under water or ridden in rain either. if you're trying to jack me up, forget it. won't work. the horse has been beaten so hard even the hyena's would pass it up. the bottom line is still this- the muzzy has fitment problems and i hate the gaudy (IMO) look of the sportbike canister on a dirt bike. the BG fits like a glove, sounds good, and adds more horsepower than the muzzy as dyno readouts posted here verify. but this is all moot when we're talking about 22 or so horsepower.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I always thought the "ceramic coating" was on the inside of the header to preventcarbon build-up, although they say it's to reduce temperature (which might amount to the same thing).

How canthe likes of Muzzy and the restcompete? My money's on KFC! If they can master 14 herbs and ****es ... a ceramic coating should be a no-brainer!!!