Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

worst week of my life... ...so far...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default worst week of my life... ...so far...

Ok the last week has been the ****s. it started out with me trying to install new brake pads on my Vette. the dam car has four piston calipers that are spring loaded. As soon as you release the compressed pistons they pop back out, making it impossible to install the new pad. Then GM didn’t intend for you to remove the caliper to do a brake job. They have hard lines on the calipers that run directly in front of the caliper bolts. Well 8 hrs later all for corners are done. Stupid piece of Chevys.

After the all day brake job from hell my wife and I went out to dinner. When we came back the front door to the house was wide open with all 5 smoke alarms going off. Both of my dogs were missing. I searched for 10:30pm to 12:30am for my dogs. At 2:00am the front gate called (we live in a gated community) and said a guest stopped and said there was a dog lying in the road. I rushed out of the house. It was one of our boxers. I then searched from 2:00am to 4:30am for my other boxer. It was 20 deg outside temp. So I am pretty worried about her. I went back out at 6:30 am and looked for her once again. Finally at 1:30pm I found her. Later on that evening I had to go bury my dog. Very sad day. Its one thing to put your dog down after 15 years so they do not have to live in pain, but its another to pick up your dogs cold body off the asphalt. How do you tell your 9 year old girl her dog was hit by a car. That was a week a go and it still brings tears to my eyes.

My wife went out and got another boxer pup thinking it would be easer for everyone. Im not ready for it yet, but the kid is doing ok. The new pup then locked me out of my truck at the gas station on wed. and then I accidentally locked my 3 month old daughter in the truck on Friday. I was wondering is this week ever going to end, but no when I got home the hard drive on my computer crashed and I don’t think I am going to be able to recover the files off it. It has a lot of family pics and a lot of pics of my dogs. Well it’s a new week now and all I can think of is WHATS NEXT!

sorry for the vent but it needs to get out, so i can move on.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: worst week of my life... ...so far...

Well my friend sorry to hear about all the pain and agony that you have gone through. Keep your head up man it can only get better from here

Old 01-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

+1. Hope it gets better for ya bro.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

HAHAHAHA! Sorry GS, just frickin' chaotic!
Sad to hear about one of the boxers. That alone tears me up. How is the daughter doing?
Wish ya luck

Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow that is one hell of a week. How did the front door get open on your house? Anyways I hope this week is better for you. By the way, if you take your computer into the shop they can sometimesrecover some of the info from your harddrive. It might be worth a try to get some of your pics back.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Liquor.... Lots of Liquor....!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:14 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Man sorry to hear about all that happening to you so fast.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replys. im not sure how the front door to the house was open. we think because of the weater the door frame has swolen a little and the door is harder to shut that maybe someone did not close it all the way. that night the wind was blowing directly at the front of the house and i think it blew it open. as far as my daughter goes she is sad but there is a lot going on in her life that keeps her occupied. she will be fine. the comp is at a friends house. i think he was able to save the inportant files for me.

well life goes on...
the liquor only lasts for a little while...
and thanks for the replies

Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Dont drink too much my friend cuz all alcohal does is brings on more pain when you are in pain. In the words of Homer Simpson. Alcohal the cause and solution too all of lifes problems. Just keep your head up my friend and good to hear he could save some of the files