Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

worst oil change evaaaa.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Default worst oil change evaaaa.

worst oil change i've ever had to do occurred today. there is about 5 things that i will be complaining about, number 1, after taking the faring off i could not get the oil nut loose or off, so i took off a couple bolts on the exhaust to try to budge it a bit to get to the nut. i finally got to it, and it would not move for the ****ing life of it, so i took one wrench and anothering inside it to pull ( i was laying on the ground, pulled hard, nothing, pulled harder it came loose and the wrench hit me in the eye (gashes on my eyelid and directly to the right of it. well i was pretty pissed off by this time. then i could not get the oil filter off. (extremely hard since the muzzy exhaust has it on both sides of the filter, so i could only use my hands to loosen it, well that didn't work whatsoever, so i hit a screwdriver through both sides of the oil filter, hit the s.d. and it came loose, then after i put the oil in, i didn't have enough so i had to go to the store to buy more, came home did it, took me forever, finally it was done, but now sometimes the oil seems high, sometimes it seems low, and sometimes it seems good. so i gotta look over it tomorrow, if it seems high im gonna loosen the drain plug just enough for a bit of oil to come out. thanks for reading my bitching, just another stro day.l

Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: worst oil change evaaaa.

lol lol...Dang Dude. Go grab a beer and a hammer!! Glad you got it man. That is a hell of an oil change!!

As soon as you said, you took a wrench and another wrench to pull, I could see it coming!!

You have some luck..WOW man.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 AM

yea definately not looking forward to the next 3 thousand miles, it was the worst. i mean i had the wrench and tried hitting it (but not much clearance with the muffler/exhaust in the way, so it wouldn't budge nor work whatsoever, so i had to go to plan b and b for bad. lets just said i'm lucky it wasn't worse, at first it seemed like i was gonna need like 1-2 stitches of a butterfly cause it's opens when i move my eyebrow, but i think it will heal itself

Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 AM

now all i gotta do is new air filter and jet kit.........it cost me 40 bucks total to get my *** beat by that oil change......8 bucks for each thing of oil (32 bucks) and almost 6-8 bucks for the filter so it cost 40 ****in bucks, it costs me 20 bucks for a car oil change doing it myself. granted i used fully synthetic oil for hte bike but damn

Old 06-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, I understand man..We have all done something like that one time or another. I was doing something stupid once, and I knew better. Long story short, I had 28 stitches put into my face!!....lol

Oil change is not too bad. I run full synthetic in my regular truck, big block, and that is a $50 oil change....The oil change in my big truck is 4x that easy!! Isn't it amazing how much preventitive maintance costs so much!!

Oh well, it gives us something to do and keeps us out of trouble....And some of us, doing our own work, it gives us battle scars we can brag about 5 years down the road!! lol lol

Old 06-16-2006, 08:03 AM

hahaha i hear ya, now i don't wanna put 3 k on it, so i don't hafta go through this again. haha, i really need a jet kit though, my bike is running ****ty (lean) i just have been lazy to order one off the net lately, same with air filter.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

riding sure is fun isnt it steve lol. they get easier with practice.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:15 AM

im lovin it though.......when i get too high on the mph, i hafta think and say, this isn't a good idea, and drop down a lil, haha, most all the time on the highway

Old 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like loads of fun! Now I'll have to remember not to ever change my exhaust to a Muzzy! My oil changes are easy as pie!

Old 06-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Hate wrenching it sux!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: worst oil change evaaaa.