Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Good deal or stay far far away?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Default Good deal or stay far far away?

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/216068704.html

Too good to be true?

Old 10-08-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Good deal or stay far far away?

I bet there's something up with it. Nobody would sell an '03 for 2500 with all the mods on it. It may be stolen, or might not have a title. I wouldn't trust the VIN listed there either. That person could have just copied the vin off a bike being sold on ebay.

I would stay away.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

If the guy is close I dont see anything wrong with checking it out.... Copy the vin# put it through the system to see if it is all good then set up a date to see the bike and match the #s. If its all good have him start the bike and let it run for a bit and also try to let him to get you to ride it to make sure it is in good mechanical shape and hopefully the only steal going on is you getting the bike at that price GL bro...

Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM

Eh I probably won't even check it out, a little sketchy. I already did that whole 'Buy a bike for a good deal and get majorly scammed' thing. Besides winter is coming. It does look like a nice bike though.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I agree wit cha lemac... Go check it out man. What else have you got to do? lol

Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 PM

Well I'm in school right now so it'd be a bit of a hassle.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Well it seems to good to be true, but at the same time I hear alot of people going through things and selling stuff at crazing low prices so they dont have to deal with it and to get it sold quick.... I would almost go check it out myself but I have no need for an extra bike. What would it hurt... in fact you might come out with a bad azz bike for a great azz deal... It dont even take that long to check it out, what a full day maybe?

Old 10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd triple check fairing mounts and how far bent back the frame & subframe are. For $2500 it's either hot, or salvage title. Track bikes all day long with all the goodies (with salvage titles!) go for about 3-4k around here.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:27 PM

"Hi Again,

I am glad you are interested in my bike. You will not be disappointed in any way with it!
Here is the phone # where you can reach me every day: 206 208 6783. The bike is here with me in Vidalia, Louisiana. If you are really interested I can send you many pics. We can meet somewhere halfay, or we can use a reliable shipping company that I have used in the past. Shipping would be more simple for both of us. We can use www.3rdpart-transintel.com since they are able to verify and keep track of your payment until you have received the bike. They have a great service and are extremely reliable. www.3rdpart-transintel.com will be the best way. And it's very simple also. I am a verified member at this shipping company and I have purchase protection there. They will arrange the transaction, the shipping and the payment for the bike. The shipping to your location will cost $400, but I'll cover the fees. So you will have to pay only $2,500, which will include all the fees. They will deduct their charges out of my selling price. With the trailer will coast 500 more.
You only need to send me now your FULL NAME and your COMPLETE SHIPPING ADDRESS, and they will start the transaction and also they will immediately send us all the details and the info about the payment and about the delivery. So send me your name and shipping address and we will have the details today. They will provide you a tracking number as soon as I deposit the bike into their custody and you can see that the delivery process was started. Also, they will keep and hold your payment until you receive, inspect, and confirm with them that you want to keep the bike. You will receive the car in about 4 days and you will have 15 days for inspection.

Waiting to Hear From You,

Kurt "

Ha. Ha.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

wtf was that al labout did you see in the end it says inspect the car lol what a scam....

Quick Reply: Good deal or stay far far away?