Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Desensitizing myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Default RE: Desensitizing myself

ORIGINAL: deej

I hate the circle of life, I know it the way it is but I don't like it. I was so mad when the dad died on the lion king[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=insomnia.gif] Whoops Deej shared too much...again[>:]
Haha, that's rather endearing. I love[d] The Lion King! Part of what keeps people sane when the animal activists rage, and when dealing with live feeding is the acknowledgement that animals eat other animals, ourselves included, and well, that's just the way it is.
Mufasa was awesome.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member

My friend Sean bought a python (I don't know what kind) from a reptile store that was going out of business. That bastard was like 9 feet. The guy who owned the shop told Sean to feed it live rabbits, so he bought 1, and tossed it in the cage. At first the snake didn't seem interested, but after about 5 minuets the snake food-on. I have never, ever heard a sound like that, I can't even describe it other than it sounded a small child having a temper tantrum through a megaphone. I think Sean managed to feed it 2 rabbits before selling it.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, found and assisted to catch a 16 footer. Found it by tracing where the pig was squealing from.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

right on mark. i have a boa also. i myself don't knock out the rats first it gets messy like you said. i beleive in leting nature do it's thang i throw them in live. i think of it this way if the rat kills my 6ft snake then i just got a pet rat...lol but anyway nice looking snake. is it columbian or central american??
I'm not 100% sure exactly what type she is. I would say Colombian red tail when compared with pics of other boas. Strange thing about kitty is that her belly has a light pink'ish salmon color which I've never seen on other boas.
Beautiful redtail you got there my sister has one and i have a ball python. when her redtail gets too big he's mine lol. one thing tho man a pinkish color to the belly is not normal it should be cream colored. i would suggest getting you snake to a vet whose familiar with exotics it could be an infection. my sisters got sick at the beginning of this winter and it suck having to run a tube down his throat to give him medication and luckily my little sis is in school to be a nurse they ended up having to give hiim injectable's before he finally kicked the infection.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

She's naturally pink on the underside. Even the herpetologist at the pet store mentioned the pink color being somewhat common on boas, but just not usually that pink on most. Thanks for being concerned, but she has never shown any signs of sickness in the 3+ years of owning her.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:44 PM

My columbian was a little pink on her belly too...........beautiful snake there.........the "king" won't let me get another one WUSS!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry for being a post ressurector(sp)

i got a Ball Python, couldnt go down the boa line. i just dont feel quite comfortable knowing that the mystical creature that can eat/"f**k me up" is living in my room. so is your boa done growing or not. i was doing some reasearch prior to buying my python and read that they(the boas) can grow up to like 10-12 feet or more in some cases. this is what turned me off. so i got the ball python. io would go get some pictures of 'em but he is in the middle of a shed and very self-consious

Old 01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think my boa is quite done yet, but I also don't think she'll get any larger than eight feet.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

That is still a big house Kitty!