Allow myself to introduce...myself

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Default Allow myself to introduce...myself

Hey guys. New to the forums. I've always wanted a bike but never had the motivation to get one. I think i am ready now. I'm planning on buying the 08 250R in the Ebony color once its available in my area. It will be my first Bike, and i'm pretty excited.

My Girlfriend rides an 01 ZX6R, I hope getting a 250 wont make me look like a pansy riding next to her. lol. (she hasnt ridden very much in the last 6 months, her bike needs maintence).

The 250 should be cool anyway i look at it. Atleast my Car is faster I have an 88 Rx7 FC3S with a 99 Ls1/T56 some pics:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...mo7/Ls1Rx7.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...1Rx7Engine.jpg

Steve

Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Allow myself to introduce...myself

Welcome to the KF. Good choice on the bike. You'll get hooked. I can't see the pics of the car, but it sounds like a hell of a setup. I had an '86 FC3S, but it wasn't a V8 conversion.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:33 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF
Looks like alot of motor

Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to kf , good luck on new purchase

Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF Brismo7

Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

nice setup on the rx7, welcome welcome

Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 PM

Thanks guys for the welcome. I have a question. i'm a smaller guy. i'm 24 5'6"-5'7" and about 145-150 or so. Would this be a good bike for me to start on? i mean, is it small enough for me to man handle?

Here is a pic of me for reference:

[IMG]local://upfiles/7919/731763B0C7BC4F818930841CCF4128C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 PM

Ok, so i just got back from the dealership. Man am i steamed. I dont think i've ever been as insulted as i was down at Hahm Motorsports. Here is the story:

I had went in yesterday and as i walked in, there was a saleman at the front door. I told him i was intrested in a bike. He showed me around, and showed me a GS500F, alright bike, but it was a bit big for me. i was on my tip toes and the bike felt pretty heavy. He gave me his card and number and i pretty much left. Today comes around, and i called him seeking info on the 250R. He told me he would call me back with out the door pricing. Since Hahm is close to me, i decided i would just go down there and see what could be done. i get down there and the guy passes me onto one of the younger salesman.( cuz he went out to lunch) The younger guy Anthony, was really cool. really helpful. they qouted me at $5200 out the Door with zero down and payments around 150/month. Sounds like a pretty decent deal. Definitely within my budget. Then the first salesman had come back from lunch and started telling me i dont want a 250. He told me he learned on a 600, then 2 months in drove his friends Liter bike and the next day he traded his in for a liter bike. He told me i would get so bored of a 250 so quickly. he pointed to the print out(which is the stats page on the kawasaki web site) and told me they put a picture of a woman on it, because its a girls bike, then he starts laughing. I think this guy was all strung out or something. after telling him i was pretty set on the 250, he tries to sell me an 07 ninja 500 for $7600. Oh, and he also pointed to his supervisor and told me his wife drives a ninja 250 and she is bored of it.

Man, this guy is the reason why i dont buy vehicals from dealerships, and why ALL my vehicals have been private party cash deals.

I just felt like he was belittling my choice in a motorcycle and basically made fun of me. Also, i'm pretty chauvinistic, so this hurt my pride a little bit.
I just read threads like these and i want to be safe.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...irst-bike.html

Is anyone truely disappointed with the 250 as their first bike?

Steve

Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Just get what you will be comfy with! (Mentally and physically)

Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 AM
SCR

I would take my business elsewhere. If not only because they are looking to take advantage of you on the price. $5200 for the new 250? The MSRP is $3499. With tax and dealer fees you should be looking at around $4k at the most (ask them for a price breakdown). As far as the insults about it being a girl's bike, he's obviously trying to goad you into buying a more expensive bike (more money for him). If you don't have another dealership to go to, I'd suggest asking to deal with the salesperson you liked dealing with. That way you don't reward the unprofessional salesperson that is onlylooking tomake his check fatter at your expense.

I'm in the same boat as you (looking to make the 250 my first bike) and I'm 5' 11" 170lbs.. I know I'm not buying a supersport. I'm buying a fuel efficient, fun, little bike to learn on. As long as you know what you're buying you won't be disappointed. Get what you feel comfortable with, you're buying the bike for you, not your friends, and certainly not the salesperson.[/align]

Quick Reply: Allow myself to introduce...myself