Allow myself to introduce...myself

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Allow myself to introduce...myself

Welcome Brismo. F- that dealership. I would go right to the owner and b*tch about him. Buy what you feel comfy on. It's the best beginner bike out there. You can always move up once you have more expirience. Good luck man.....

Old 11-26-2007, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't let it get under your skin. He's trying to get you to buy a bike that will make him a bigger commission. I have some minor problems with my Kawasaki dealership, but the reason I've already bought 2 bikes from them and plan on buying my next bike from them is because of their attitude. The woman that sold me my Eliminator didn't give me a hard time for buying such a small (125CC and physically small) bike. She told me once that I would be too big for it, but didn't try to sell me a bigger bike when I told her that it's what I wanted. Then the other salesman helped me pick out the Vulcan, but he wasn't pushing it on me. That's why I love my dealer. My advice is to buy the bike from Anthony (if he can get the price down to where it should be, of course) and make sure the other salesman knows about it. Then complain about him to the manager. And the next time you see the a$$hole salesman, tell him that the Kawasaki web page also putup pictures of a girl on the ZX14R and ZZR600, and ask him if that makesthose bikesgirls bikes too. Get the bike you feel comfortable with, because not everybody can start out on a 600. Hell with what anybody else thinks.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 AM
1st Gear Member

dear god! give me your car!!! that thing is bitchin

Old 11-26-2007, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

that asshat salesman is the reason there are so many squids. selling overly powerful bikes to new riders. I mean I learned on a zx6r, but I also had enough fear of the bike to be gentle on the throttle. and i still wish i had a new 250 for commuting to work so i could get the awesome milage.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 PM
1st Gear Member

that 5200 sounds a little high it should be more around 4200, i would check out other dealers because that kind of attitude is just not cool,

for reference i am 6'0" and weight closer to 250lbs and this bike is tons of fun, i have had a-holes blow by me, riding litter bikes, on the highway and then at the off ramps i can easily beat them because of the great control that the 250 offers the rider. the 250 is a fun bike

Also get what you want it is your choice, not the salesman, if it was up to him he would probably have you walking out of there with a zx-14,because of the comission he can get out of it.

also since you seem to be pretty handy dont get any service package, that will just make you hate the bike and of course the dealer

Old 11-26-2007, 05:35 PM

I went to my dealership last week and the Salesman tried to get me to buy a 600 as well. He said the 250's are no fun and I will get bored of it. Of course I didn't listen to him and I am also still planning on getting the 08 250r as my first bike. I plan to ride it for a year or until I get very comfortable on it, then I will sell it. The 250s sell like crazy and after a year or two of riding the bikes still hold their value very well. I imagine the 08's will have very high resale value because of the great new look.

They just want more money and thats why they want to sell youa bigger bike. And I heard the OTD price should be around $4100. I don't plan on paying more than that.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Steve, welcome again, and all I have to say is sounds like a letter to the owner of the shop is in order. What a bunch of tools. Its always easier to learn on a smaller bike than recover from the mistakes made on a bike that is too big and too powerful. Yea I know that's too long for a bumper sticker but its true. Don't let anyone talk you into getting a bike you don't feel right with. You can always trade up when the time is right.

Now that being said, have you checked out the KLX 250S? hehehehe sorry I just had to slip that in there.[8D] Good luck Oh and I like the title of this thread a lot.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Default $5200.00 for a 250? WTF!

Not 6 months ago I got my '07 for $3600.00 including everything plus a full-face helmet. Don't mind the sales guy because a couple of my friends tried to do the same thing and convince me to LEARN to ride on a Suzuki 1200. STUPID! Above all else, ride safe to ride another day. If you want to go fast, go to the track I tell 'em.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: $5200.00 for a 250? WTF!

regarding your dealership experience, don't worry, they just want to sell you a larger bike and make more money, I started on a 250 and it's the smartest decision i made, very easy to learn on and a blast to ride, as long as the roads aren't too straight

Old 12-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Default RE: $5200.00 for a 250? WTF! <--seriuos ****

Thanks guys for the kind words.

yeah, that salesman was a douche, you got me thinking, maybe i will write the owner/Head of managment a letter of displeasure.

LoL, the thread title came from the first(i think the first) austin powers movie.

Now here is the Torn part of me. I was talkin to my girlfriends dad, and what he says, pretty much coincides with the A-hole salesman. now he wasnt telling me its a chick bike or nothing, but he was telling me, if i were to get a chance to buy a 600cc bike for the cost of a 250, buy it and learn on it. He basically said, i control how fast i want to go. If i dont want to go fast, dont give it to much throttle. He even offered to give me his Honda Interceptor for free. its a 500cc bike, all it needs is current registration and a new motor. He said prolly about $600 total worth of repairs. Maybe i will do that, to learn on, and teach myself how to control a bike, and when i'm ready i can get something a little bigger and badder and yeah.

I guess i was expecting a little more of a interpersonal relationship with a bike dealer, than what i would of gotten from a car dealer. But if there is one thing i have learned, is that dealerships are full of some of the most crooked, greedy ****s out there. I wont ever trust a dealership again, and will assume from now on, that they are trying to F' me anyway they can. I'm a member of www.v8rx7forum.com of the same name here.

I'll keep you guys updated on whatever happens

Steve

Thanks on the complements about my Rx7. Its honestly the most powerful and fastest car i've ever been in, let alone been in. traction is non exsistant in the first 3 gears. But i am running an extreamly small tire for the engine output(205mm). I'll be upgrading to 255-275's when i find some rims i like.

Quick Reply: Allow myself to introduce...myself