Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

almost died

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Default almost died

tell me what to do. as you know i bought new 636 2 months ago. i did break-in period as it's writen in the manuals. at about 1900 km my bike begin to produce some strange noise from the engine...somethin like clinking. immediatelly i called a guy (the owner of bike shop where i bought my bike and where i'm going for service). he said it's nothing. he said that noise is comin from the chain tightener and that is normal and will stop after some time and that i can drive my bike normally. it didn't stop so i called him about 5 times more and he said i should not be worried about that, it will stop and it's nothing serious. yesterday i called him and insisted to come to his shop so he can look at that. he said, ok come here and we'll see what is happening. on the way there on freeway my engine blew up at speed of about 150 km/h or 90 mph. one of cylinders has a hole and oil blew all over the engine and bike, a line of smoke went from exhaust. my friend who was driving about 80 meters behind me on the other bike could have get killed if he didn't turned right of me just 1 minute before that happened (he did that exidently but that probably saved his life and bike). if he didn't do that all this oil from my bike would be all over him and his helmet and bike and he would probably crash. now, they told me in that shop that they will order new parts which are broken and repair that bike. first of all, somebody could have been killed, and i payed for new bike not repaired one. do you think i have a right to ask completelly new bike and do you know how can i contact kawasaki directly. i tried to find some adress to send email but i found only for us customers or europian union customers. croatia is still not a member of europian union so i don't know what to do.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: almost died

Sounds like you just need to suck it up and let them fix it.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

This is a tough one... I dought you'll be able to get a new bike, maybe a new motor. If you do try for a new bike it will be a long and drawn out prosses prolly through the courts and if ya dont win your stuck with the bill.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yup..ditto...

I think the only way to get a new bike out of it, is the lemon law... I think you have to have the same problem 3 consecutive times, with no willingness from the dealer to fix it, or something like that???

Sounds like you're gonna have to wait on the replacement parts.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

in your case, and not knowing anything about croatiaiaiian laws id say if the shops willing to fix it, just wait for the parts, suck it up. if you want a new bike, blow it up 4 times for good measure and be sure you have all your service records in order before you even try for a new one. its not easy.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

i'm with everyone else.... get the new motor and suck it up...... it sucks that you have to go through braken preiod all over again..... but hey at least you have a bike and your friend is still with us.....

Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

i'm with everyone else.... get the new motor and suck it up...... it sucks that you have to go through braken preiod all over again..... but hey at least you have a bike and your friend is still with us.....
[sm=exactly.gif] At least they are willing to fix it.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

I feel for you bro, the dealers or in your case the shop where you bought the bike did you a grave injustice. They should have had you bring in the bike and check it out.

All too typical though. Let them fix it and if you suspect a problem do not call and ask them just go and insist that they check it.

Glad to here you did not get hurt oil on the rear tire at 90 can be very bad.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 PM

thanks for support bro's and sister's. glad to still be here among you and thank God for saving me and my friend. yeah, my rear and front tire were all soaked up with oil and that could have been fatal