Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Ferret died yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My Ferret died yesterday

This last week has been just horrable as far as school goes, I have never been so busy before. And when I came home I found my ferret "Wiggy" had died while I was gone to school. It wasn't a big surprise and it was probably his time to go anyway. He was seven years old and had a adrenale gland tumor that made him loose all his fur. However listening to my wife cry and having to drive the ferret to my parents to bury him made for a long day yesterday. Anyways just felt like sharing, thanks for listening. Here is one of the last pics of him.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1156/E9B04CF980DA475085CFF97992D4AAE9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My Ferret died yesterday

Dang, losing a pet/family member is tough. But from your post (medical probs) was prolly for the best.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:32 PM

He sure was a litle cutie! Sorry about the loss, but he's in a better place now. Is 7 old for that type of animal? Is that the lifespan primarily?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

oops, forgot to ask the same question. Is 7yrs the norm?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, it sucks to loose a pet, but it is better than watching them suffer. Wiggy was lucky enough to die in his sleep so I guess that isn't to bad. Normal life span is between five years and ten, so since he had his tumor he had a pretty good life. We use to take him on all our vacations so he has been all over the place. He actually traveled better than our dog

Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 AM

sorry to hear about Wiggy...sucks losing a pet. I thought we almost lost our yorkshire terrior a few monthns back....we were laying on the couch, and Sparky was layingon my girlfriend when he had a seizure. Poor little guy is only 3lbs and is 12 years old...felt so bad for him, when he finally came too, he couldnt even walk, he would try, but would fall over...and my girlfriend was a mess, he is like her child...so yeah, losing a pet sucks,

Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

When I was about 10 or 11 yrs old, my cat got a hold of my garter snake "speedy", and tore him in half! That was one of the saddest days I had loosing a pet because speedy was still alive for a while afterwords.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

i had 2 pet ferrets. One was named LiL F*ck and the other one was named LIL B*tch. boy and a girl. Me and my ex called them the F*cks. cute lil things but they fit their name thats for sure. always stealing my remote control to the tv. and DVD player. I gave them away to my friend that had kids

Old 04-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Again, sorry for your loss. Here is another pic of one of my buds. A staffordshire terrier trying to sleep.

Name:  14Apr07036.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  71.9 KB

Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

i had 2 pet ferrets. One was named LiL F*ck and the other one was named LIL B*tch. boy and a girl. Me and my ex called them the F*cks. cute lil things but they fit their name thats for sure. always stealing my remote control to the tv. and DVD player. I gave them away to my friend that had kids
Ferrets can be a handful at times, and I guess that is why I have always liked them. When they are up and awake there is never a dull moment with them. Wiggy use to steal all the lotion bottles from my wife and hide them under the couch. She would set it down just for a moment and it would be gone.

That is a pretty dog Dragone, how old is he?

Quick Reply: My Ferret died yesterday