frame sliders

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: frame sliders

Weight has nothing to do with it. Wearing proper gear does, pants, boots, jacket, gloves and helmet will keep you in better shape than a slider in the wrong place.

Putting a slider there wont prevent your leg from getting crushed, it may even lever the bike more to do more wedging of your leg and more damage.

If the slider gets caught on something you can kiss your frame good bye it may bend it beyond repair. That foot peg back there is screwed to the frame and not bullet proof.

If your worried about getting the bike back up you need to learn to lift it properly. Always have something with you to secure the front brake lever closed to keep the bike from rolling away. And follow these instructions http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/dropped.html

When I weighed less than you I picked up a suzuki GS400 with no problems, adrenaline helps thats for sure. I didnt even know the proper way to lift it, I dead lifted it. I wish I would have had these instructions 20years ago.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:38 AM

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

Weight has nothing to do with it. Wearing proper gear does, pants, boots, jacket, gloves and helmet will keep you in better shape than a slider in the wrong place.

Putting a slider there wont prevent your leg from getting crushed, it may even lever the bike more to do more wedging of your leg and more damage.

If the slider gets caught on something you can kiss your frame good bye it may bend it beyond repair. That foot peg back there is screwed to the frame and not bullet proof.

If your worried about getting the bike back up you need to learn to lift it properly. Always have something with you to secure the front brake lever closed to keep the bike from rolling away. And follow these instructions http://www.pinkribbonrides.com/dropped.html

When I weighed less than you I picked up a suzuki GS400 with no problems, adrenaline helps thats for sure. I didnt even know the proper way to lift it, I dead lifted it. I wish I would have had these instructions 20years ago.

This would be no use to me cause I am 6'5 and own a 500r and it don't have the big boxes on the side and the engine sticking hlf way out. If I did what she did I would be sitting on the ground and the legs wouldn't do me any good. So, tall mother****er =small bike all the way done=no go on this tip.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Yankee- If you havent noticed were both girls duuuh. Im 5" I dont know how tall she is. The link shows a lady in a skirt. Also if you look around I think theres cruisers without luggage picked up this way.

Absolutely nothing about 6'5" guys that would have little issues picking up a light 500R.

However someday you may have a heavier bike and may find this information helpful, so dont be such a doink.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mnosbor

Yankee- If you havent noticed were both girls duuuh. Im 5" I dont know how tall she is. The link shows a lady in a skirt. Also if you look around I think theres cruisers without luggage picked up this way.

Absolutely nothing about 6'5" guys that would have little issues picking up a light 500R.

However someday you may have a heavier bike and may find this information helpful, so dont be such a doink.
[sm=owned.gif]doink LMAO

Old 07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahahaha [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 AM

How in the hell did I know you were a girl damn

Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 AM

Who knows I an't no girl lol

Old 07-08-2007, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, this topic skewed WAY off course!

Back on track... The first time I ever let another person ride my 250R, it went down on it's side by a friend with an overly enthusiastic hand on the brake lever.[:@] The destroyer of my bike was a 115lb girl, and no, it didn't crush her leg.

The motor mount is the only area I could imagine somebody mounting a slider on the 250R. But as small as the 250's frame is, I would worry about causing unfixable damage by having a slider on it.