Riding pants, knee + elbow guards ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Just go to ebay. Thor is always top notch by the way.

Mike

Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm leaning towards the Thor chest protector because of my wide shoulders and the comments about the ACR not fitting very well in that area, plus its only 20 bucks more... I'm gonna keep doing research (and hearing you guys' wonderful opinions) and pull the trigger hopefully this week at some point.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Get some EVS under armor for your chest if you want real chest protection. Roost deflectors are mainly for rocks kicked up by other bikes and maybe some branches.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep-body armor suit is the best for 'all in one' protection. I use Fly knee/shin guards. all mostly similar unless you're contemplating knee braces.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Thor Squadron pants. I prefer the over the boot design and the zip off lowers are great for the sand dunes or when the heat get over 40oC. The leather on the inside of the right leg is super thick too.

Realistically, whatever is on runout, the cheaper the better.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
Thor pants/jersey is out, its a bit high... I checked MCSS but they didn't have much of anything on clearance, at least not in a 36 waist.

For the protective stuff I'm kinda liking the Thor Sector knee/shin, and the Quartex (sp?) for the arms.

Leaning heavily to the Answer Syncron stuff... pretty affordable. I can get pants, jersey, gloves, and the Thor protection stuff for ~$115, not too bad. Still looking for opinions, please keep them coming! Thanks so much again!
I have a set of the Answer Syncron pants, jersey, and gloves. Wrecked once, washed a few time and they look like they are starting to fall apart. They also don't come with hip pads or the velcro for attaching them. I have had the best luck with the shift gear and both sets have come with hip pads and leather inner leg protection for about the same price.

Using the Thor Quadrant chest protector, but also have the Nemesis racing body armor. The nemesis provides more protection, is more comfortable, but gets kind of hot.

Have used the A.R.C. Pro-Flex Knee/Shin Guards and also the Shift 09 Enforcer Knee/Shin Guards. The ARC guards fit in the boots better, but overall like the cheaper Shift guards.

The three places that I usually compare prices at are RMATV, Motorcycle Superstore, and Motosport.

Another thing to consider is a neck brace. I lawn darted myself head first into a corner the other day and am fairly sure that there would have been some neck damage without it. I broke the visor off my helmet and the brace bruised both of my collar bones, but kept my neck from compressing.

Good Luck.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

So the Answer pants don't have any foam inside of the pants? I tried on my dad's Shift pants (too small for me ) and they have this neat foam padding inside.

Looking hard at the EVS shin/knee guards and elbow guards... a friend of mine uses them and he says they are good, lots of adjustability. I've been working out alot, and while I'm no Arnold, my arms are getting bigger. The Thor chest protector is looking mighty nice, too. Now I just need to figure out the pants/jersey...

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

dont forget about www.newenough.com all last years stuff for cheap.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Riding bikes is like running with sissors.
Seems like fun until someone loses an eye.
What ever you end up with, make sure it's up to the job at hand.
Meet my friend pain
Name:  claimedbytherocks.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  144.2 KB

Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
So the Answer pants don't have any foam inside of the pants? I tried on my dad's Shift pants (too small for me ) and they have this neat foam padding inside.

Looking hard at the EVS shin/knee guards and elbow guards... a friend of mine uses them and he says they are good, lots of adjustability. I've been working out alot, and while I'm no Arnold, my arms are getting bigger. The Thor chest protector is looking mighty nice, too. Now I just need to figure out the pants/jersey...
Motocross pants and jerseys do not provide adequate protection whether there is foam or not. Invest in a good protective under-vest for your chest/back/shoulders/elbows, and under-shorts/pants for your hips and knees.