Old 02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
I use this exact battery in my KLX. It works flawlessly

4S1P 13.2V2300mah A123 original Battery for RC hobby | eBay

Same as the expensive ones. If you ask, he'll put larger cables on, but the original cables have worked fine for me.

I use this one in my car

A123 battery 4s3p 13.2V6.9AH motorcycle start battery | eBay
I just want to follow up on this battery. The first one you linked. So it's working for you in your KLX. You used the same cables it came with. Did you have to modify the connectors to act as terminals to your existing wiring?

No problem with the charging system on the bike?

Has anyone else tried this?

Got any pictures?

Small as it is you could carry a spare battery with if if you were really concerned about getting stuck. Or install a kickstarter.

Last edited by Guido; 02-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Come on guys this thread is about batterys that work well not rc battery's nuns and cowboys for christ sakes. I'm serious, I don't really believe that an rc battery is going to work when the stock battery has a hard time starting the bike from the get go, It never gets above 20c here for temp more around 10c all the time and its really hard to start that klx, I need a good battery that will last and have some good cranking power like the x earth 12 ah battery !

Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I have started my bike with the stock battery for 6 years down to around 10 degrees... I have never had any problems. I didnt keep a battery tender on it either.....

the shenanigans are deej's fault...

Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I had a defective carb when I first bought the bike nothing but problems so the dealer replaced the carb although I thikn they didnt jet it right for the pipe I have and they failed to drill out the defective choke lol theese bikes are so lemmons but it runs now just beat the **** outta the battery.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guido
I just want to follow up on this battery. The first one you linked. So it's working for you in your KLX. You used the same cables it came with. Did you have to modify the connectors to act as terminals to your existing wiring?

No problem with the charging system on the bike?

Has anyone else tried this?

Got any pictures?

Small as it is you could carry a spare battery with if if you were really concerned about getting stuck. Or install a kickstarter.
I cut the plug off, and put some crimp eyelet connectors on the battery side. He'll put heavier cable on if you ask.
I'm not riding right now because it's midwinter, but it starts the bike better than the original ever did in decent weather. In the (real) cold it's a inadequate as the stock one is.
If I didn't tell you it was in there, you'd never know. What it does that the stocker won't, is hold a charge. It started the bike last week after sitting a few months. Not a chance the stock one would have.
No problems charging.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mooren
Come on guys this thread is about batterys that work well not rc battery's nuns and cowboys for christ sakes. I'm serious, I don't really believe that an rc battery is going to work when the stock battery has a hard time starting the bike from the get go, It never gets above 20c here for temp more around 10c all the time and its really hard to start that klx, I need a good battery that will last and have some good cranking power like the x earth 12 ah battery !
You don't think an RC battery will work, ZW says it does. The only way to find out is to get one and try it out myself. $45 is a relatively cheap experiment.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Guido
You don't think an RC battery will work, ZW says it does. The only way to find out is to get one and try it out myself. $45 is a relatively cheap experiment.
I bit, based partly upon ZW's work. It's been flawless for me, too. No trickle-charging even after sitting for weeks is what I love about them.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mooren
These are not the RC batterys of 10-15 years ago. Some of the RC stuff that is running off these can draw some serious current, much like the starter on a motorcycle.

Zomby has no reason to try and BS us when it comes to his results with this battery. If you don't want to believe his results or blackheart's thats your choice.

I for one will take the advice of others who have been there done that.

Good day to you sir.

Quick Reply: KLX250s Battery suggestions?