'Baddd news

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
but but but . . . . mrknowitall said it would work
Who is mrknowitall? Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by Don Tripas
Gotcha.

Also, I have a cam tensioner I purchased from you that's in the blown engine. Can I reuse it in the new engine, assuming I pick up some new gaskets?
Send me your address and I'll send a couple. kriegercct@clems-garage.com

As for BB's comments about the cam retiming, you have to figure it is all about valve clearance to the piston and if the 351 piston has the same clearance as the OEM piston there should be no problem doing the MCM to see if it has positive results or not. From the MCM thread I don't remember anyone saying it actually hurt performance, but rather that it really didn't seem to do much. Only "butt dyno" results though.

Originally Posted by Klxster
Well, mrknowitall simply likes to point out that two members ran MCM on their 351's quite successfully - these are facts that anyone can see for themselves in our old threads. Mrknowitall also likes to point out that hard data in here proves that MCM increases VE (TRQ production) below 7500 rpm. And he also likes to point out that VE increases from cam, induction system, and exhaust mods will occur regardless of, and independent of, the size of the piston in the cylinder.

Add in that we have no data - to date - for 351 + MCM.. No one has actually taken the time and made the effort to prove the benefit of MCM on a properly modded and fueled 351+MCM..

What we do have in our older threads is some arm-chair blowviators spewing mindless opinions on things they know nothing about and have never experienced themselves - mindless bilge that has unfortunately been carried forward, through time, by the uneducated.
Says the bloviator-in-chief, graduate of the Donald J. Trump school of ettiquette. If you get any nicer to people you'll implode!

Old 05-30-2019, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

If a members' problem or question is a deserted island and the best logical / best data supported answer is another deserted island - and the ocean between them is filled with baseless opinion, hand-me-down dogma, flawed logic, uninformed and/or uneducated dribble, I am the "Moses" that parts this ocean, providing a direct path between the islands - and to enlightenment..

P.S. Just playing into your narrative / agenda, even so, you will not be able to resist what is a predictable primitive egocentric response..
So, while you are typing your response, try to remember, you are being played but you are helpless to deviate from what your ego demands ! Providing me (and perhaps others) entertainment upon your response..

Last edited by Klxster; 05-30-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the used engine I picked up. Glad I went with the 351 kit

Old 06-01-2019, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

How do I take the piston out?

Old 06-01-2019, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

take out the circlips and push out the pin

Old 06-01-2019, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctbale
take out the circlips and push out the pin
I was thinking sawzal or a cutoff wheel...

Old 06-01-2019, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

take out one circlip and push out the pin. if it won't go, heat the piston. propane torch works good

Last edited by dogmeat; 06-01-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:09 AM
1st Gear Member

oh and cram some paper towels down below the piston to stop the circlip from going down onto the crank cavity

Old 06-01-2019, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctbale
oh and cram some paper towels down below the piston to stop the circlip from going down onto the crank cavity
...And be ready, as it won't simply drop down the crank cavity. It will ricochet off of at least three walls (possibly the ceiling), hover spinning in mid-air for just a second, then drop down at a physically impossible angle and slip into a small gap you left when blocking off the timing chain well.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Gotcha. Thanks y'all. Piston is now released.

And judging by the condition of the piston, is there anything else I should be inspecting?

Quick Reply: 'Baddd news