Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Quotes Famous or not.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: BIKE-TO-BERFEST?

"Man love is great. Before love I never even thought about killing myself"
Steven Wright

Old 10-25-2006, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't remember where its from but "Let's drink until it makes sense"

Old 10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
1st Gear Member

dont drink and drive you might hit a tree and spill your beer

Old 10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing what they could and should do for themselves."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-25-2006, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

This is for my KF Family

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go, others stay for awhile, leaving foot-prints on our hearts and we are never quite the same"
~~Unknown

Old 01-05-2007, 04:14 PM

I am not concerned that you have fallen, I am concerned that you arise--Abraham Lincoln

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure about you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give persmission for others around us to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.--Marianne Williamson (though often attributed to Nelson Mandela)
[Note: I'm not religious, but I love that quote so much, part of it is in my sig. ]

[From the movie Equilibrium, in regards to feeling]
...without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

When you deny the divinity, validity, and equality of the "half" [or the "other"], you deny the harmony and function of the whole. There is no light without day. No happiness without sorrow. That is why mysogyny--the surpression of the female half of the natural man-woman balance, racism--the surpression of the black (and myriad of other 'color') in leui of white priveledge.... cripple us all. It is this fierce ignorance thatsubjugatesnot just the oppressed, but the priveledged: it keeps us all from stabilizing into one conducive, enlightened unit. It is this, that keeps humanity from rising above being maladept, and from centuries of stagnation in all our vital arenas.--Myself, from a college essay

There was a member on the forum who said this, but it's a bit early for me to go digging through the thousands of posts to find the author, so if you are he/she, lemme know, and I'll do an edit--Riding on two wheels it the closest you can come to flying without wings.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.--Albert Einstein

Hope is the dream of a man awake.--French Proverb

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.--W.B. Yeats

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men; for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.--T.E. Lawrence

Nothing is predestined; The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.--Ralph Blum

Nature and wisdom are never at strife.--Plutarch

It is easier to be wise for others than ourselves.--Francois De La Rochefoucauld

The more a man knows, the more he forgives.--Catherine the Great

If we do not plant knowledge when we are young, it will give us no shade when we are old.--Lord Chesterfield

If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.--Thomas Edison

He who has not learned to obey can never be a good commander.--Aristotle

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.--Martin Luther King Jr.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.--George S. Patton

Do not wait till the iron is hot; make it hot by striking.--William B. Sprague

Our greatest glory is not in ever falling but rising every time we fall.--Confucius

Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold; but the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul.--Democritus

More when I'm not so tired and don't have such a mountain of paperwork to do.
[align=right]~Leena
[/align]

Old 01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I like the one in my sig, can't remember where I got it, but its good.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Carburetor is a french word that means don't f*ck with it. Mr. Joe (motorcycle mechanic)

If you don't stop this car right now, I'm gonna sh*t on you. My buddy Jesse

Old 01-06-2007, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

LMFAO Shinobi...your quotes are hilarious!

I still love thequote in my signature.