Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New Job Again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default New Job Again...

Well looks like im taking the offer i was given today for a new job. I will be Kimball's newest Civil CAD Designer. http://www.kimballcorp.com/
Yay for even more money.... and to think i 6 months ago i was making $6 less an hour!!!!!! The new office is only 10 miles from my house. which is better than my current job. Im really excited about it... the only downside is that i have to wear a dress shirt and tie... o well....

Some screen shots of autocad and projects.....

Those are things im working on now... i will be doing alot different stuff... i start on dec 15!!

Old 11-27-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrat on the new job! Mo money!...mo money!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats bro. It's nice to hear good news on the employment front.

Mike

Old 11-27-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

nice, i used cad in 8+9th grade.. its not to easy to learn, but once you get it down i think its pretty fun to use, must be real sweet to get paid good $ to use it.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

congrats homey!!

now you can afford some primanti brother's huh!? LOL

Old 11-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I go to primanti all the time.... lol.

I like using cad, i know it like the back of my hand... The economy sucks right now, but as long as your in a buisness that is barely affected by it its all good... kimball is growing. I think they want me to be one of thier main designers, and i plan on being there for a long time.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the job. I thought about that at one time, but office work and wearing a tie can be a bummer. Wish ya the best

Old 11-27-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new job EMS...hey I noticed your pics are of cad 09....is Solid Works a worthwhile upgrade...my cad guys want solid works...I just don't know what to say. I know nuthin about it, yet I make the decision whether to buy it...opine please.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I use AutoCad all the time at my shop. I have an old school guy working for me Loves AutoCad. I recently hired a younger engineering student, he loves SolidWorks. For the younger crowd I think SolidWorks is the way to go. My Cad guy is good, but this kid kicks the snot out of him in SolidWorks.
Me, I cant hardly do a dam thing with SolidWorks, but can hold my own with AutoCad.
I would love to upgrade tp ACAD 09, but the cost is up there. I think next time its gonna be Solidworks for us.

BTW, congrats on the new job, I been there with the dress shirt and tie, you get use to it after a while. I had a hard time with cubicle life, a little bit of Dilbert in everyday.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Yo Forty....what are the advantages of solid works from a production point of view with the dollar being the deciding factor down the road?

We make air pollution equipment...it can be quite complex at times ... but normally just a giant catalytic converter with ammonia injection .. size is about 100' long 30' wide and say 50' high made outta steel....how would solid works help?

The computers to run that sheet are expensive...but if they are happy and turnaround is faster so be it.

Quick Reply: New Job Again...