Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Earths last uncontacted tribe.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Well during the ancient times we had:

Great Pyramid of Giza
Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus
Colossus of Rhodes
Lighthouse of Alexandria

Not to mention we have other wonders like the city of Pompeii, The Forbidden City - city built in China around the 1400's, and even fast forward to the architecture during the 1800's and prior. All this was accomplished without the assistance of modern technologies we have the convenience of today. Appreciation should be given towards these pioneers of Civil Engineering because they have set the standard of how we do things today. Without them, we would have had nothing to build upon to make better.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
wow! you are about goddannnngg ignorant bro. Read your history mang. It isnt all about building stuff with mud, sticks, leaves and being able to kill stuff with spears!
i know what you mean... romans and such... yeah, they were smart as hell. but from the vid i watched, these were painted people, with spears and leaf houses. no so bright

Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

this pretty much sums up what i just said

Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kx slaughter king
this pretty much sums up what i just said

Yes that about sums it up.

Chic636, I don't disagree with you on the remarkable past engineering accomplishments achieved by early civilizations. But we're talking 'apples and oranges'. Example, the great pyramids, and the step pyramids by the Aztecs were created by empires. They all had a GDP behind them to muster the wealth and manpower to create such splendor. These cut off tribes are nothing more than a slum 'tailor parks' of the old world. It's not the same thing.

Mike

Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
Yes that about sums it up.

Chic636, I don't disagree with you on the remarkable past engineering accomplishments achieved by early civilizations. But we're talking 'apples and oranges'. Example, the great pyramids, and the step pyramids by the Aztecs were created by empires. They all had a GDP behind them to muster the wealth and manpower to create such splendor. These cut off tribes are nothing more than a slum 'tailor parks' of the old world. It's not the same thing.

Mike

1st of all.. LOVE THE PICTURE!!! Freakin hilarious!!!

2nd, if ya'll would have read my initial post you would have seen taht I made that comparison

3rd... although these people are considered primitive, these guys have these little straw huts that have ventilation in them and can make spears out of anything. I find that to be hella kewl!

Old 01-18-2009, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

is not hard to make a spear, oh and watch me on surivor they are having tryouts on wed up here in greenville sc