Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

sick sled work

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 01-16-2009, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

damn, look s like fun... any idea where they shot that?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Im guessing CA mountains, CO, UT, ND/SD or MT... only snowmobile friendly areas with terrain like that short of going to alaska or canada.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet vid Sro, wish I was sleding right now.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member

nice vid sro,,, thanks for sharing

Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member

makes me wish i wasnt ditching mine

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

That's really insane. Coudn't imagine back flipping a sled. Looks like it was sponsored by Red Bull.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate to say I told you so, But I been saying it, snowmobiles are a blast and a half. Like riding dirt, no rules, awesome trails, amazing performance, a real thrill. The sleds they are on are the *****

Look at the specs, 439 pounds, 151 HP !!

At an unbelievable 439 pounds, say hello to the mountain sled born to dominate any elevation. The Summit® Everest combines a remarkable 151-horsepower Rotax® 800R Power T.E.K. engine with the ultra-light REV-XP™ chassis for a stunning power-to-weight ratio of 2.84 pounds per horsepower. Plus, we've added the most efficient two-stroke engine out there, the new cleaner-burning Rotax 600 H.O. E-TEC, which has better fuel and oil economy with less smoke and smell than any other two-stroke engine. We've also improved your ride with a new 163-inch PowderMax track option to help you rip through steep inclines with ease. So grab a map, circle the biggest mountain you can find and introduce it to the 2009 Summit. It won't be disappointed, and neither will you.

Spring-Only Summit X sleds shed even more weight while adding race-bred features, such as HPG Take-Apart aluminum shocks, multi-function analog/digital gauge, race-style brake pads, steel-braided brake line, low windshield and more. Plus there's a cool new white/blue color combination.

SUMMIT EVEREST 146

The mountain machine for experienced riders.

I think that video is Utah Or Wyoming, maybe Colorado, but probally Wyoming. Several years ago i went to Yellowstone and rented a sled for a week. It was a winter wonderland. Didnt need to bring anything but a Visa card. Did bring my own helmet with a heated visor, they had boots, suits, gloves, everything you need. It was unbelivable. I had an Artic Cat 660 Turbo 4 stroke. Its why I ended up buying one I was so impressed with the performance, and no smell !!
I ride in Maine a lot, as well as some in Vermont, some guys are just nuts. I see a lot of them ditch banging up there, go as fast as you can and run into a ditch and launch out the other side. Some get big air, some get wheelies, so get busted to sh*t.
I like this one, a guy jumps a road, clears it big
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tofls3bAts

I was suppose to be in Maine riding this weekend, cant do it, got a good customer coming into get his old Mopar tommorrow, waiting a week only makes me want to ride even more

Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like I might be going to the UP for another weekend of snowmobiling in mid feb - I will be sure to bring the good camera this time Yes, I will be sure to wear my kawi leathers

Last edited by srobak; 01-17-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
Looks like I might be going to the UP for another weekend of snowmobiling in mid feb - I will be sure to bring the good camera this time Yes, I will be sure to wear my kawi leathers
I would love to ride up there. Heard its amazing there. Lot less mountain trails like we have around here, more wide open riding. My understanding is you can do large miles out there.

What are you on there, late model kitty kat?

Quick Reply: sick sled work