Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

bikes in 10,000 pieces YAY

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default bikes in 10,000 pieces YAY

yup. with my last bit of legal uhh... "experiences"... i figured since i do not have a license to operate a motor vehicle, and i donot posess the care about it either, it would be in my best interest to tear the 7 down, down, down.

i know that if it was together, i'd ride it..lol and the last thing i need is any more tickets form these punkass young buck cops trying to prove a point around here. i've been riding on a junk license for quite some time now.. lol.. but i'm always careful.. don't speed.. hell. don't even joyride.. just to work. from work. to work. from work.. this time, the man got me from work.

bastaaaard. lol

so.. i just threw my piece of chit junk *** phone across the room since it won't upload the pics of me checking axial and radial runout on my turbo, and sizing up my uber-fab turbo manifold i made for my 600 two years ago to see if it'll fi the 7's port pattern.. that oddly has the same size primaries as the 7 does.. Hmm.. ok.. 150 more CC's, but the same 1.375" O.D. pipe.. go figure.. but the ports don't match. oh well. cutoff wheel and MIG time. lol

if i ever get a real camera, or get this richard-sucking phone to do it's job, i shall bring forth pics of presicion measurement, a 7-fiddy in a thousand pieces, a shop full of 2 and 4 wheeled crap that needs some lovin, and one uber SHINY *** frame and swingarm.. the polish job is baller on the clutch side.. gotta sand the throttle side down to 2000 grit and re do it. the tool who did the original polish job sucked at it.. left swirl marks to where you could tell he used a D/A sander cuz he was lazy and stupid. D/A is fine for a rough polish, but for that retina-burning-in-the-sun mirror look, gotta hand wet-sand it.

more turbo and shop madness pics.. like i said. this will be fun. not like i can ride it without going to jail now..lol

might go ahead and just run low boost and blow thru the carbs.. EFI will have to wait for a donor ZX10-R ECU, harness, throttle bodies and a whole arseload of other motor-related crap.

got this nice sheet of .090" aluminum just dyin to be TIG welded into a masterpiece... ohhhhhhh yes. i'll TIG the (stainless) exhaust up as well, whenever i invest in the pipe..

Oooooo.....gonna be sooopurty.

Name:  mybike.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.4 KB

Old 06-02-2008, 06:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: bikes in 10,000 pieces YAY

sounds like you'll be having some fun

Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
1st Gear Member

indeed, sir!!

ohhh.. pics.. chitty, but still..

the fabled TDO4-L 16G mitsu snail.
Name:  1212389605.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  11.6 KB

.60A/R hot side. L trim, 360CFM @ 15PSI. ported and polished by me, of course.

housings are on the top behind the vise.. this is my rebuild table/welding table.. just a piece of steel diamondplate on my one craftsman rollaway.. welded some bolts to it.. mounted a vise.. serves as a nice jig to weld crash cages and stuff.. and great for carb, head, motor and of course, turbo service.

the test indicator is an old skool Federal .0001" res with carbide tip. i made the holder for this application.. screws right into the turbo's water feed holes. somewhere was another Federal test ind with an .001" res..

messy shop.. the swinger awaiting de-griming via an assult of carb cleaner and gum cutter and whatever else i could find..
Name:  1212389604-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  12.4 KB

the shock was already kinda clean, but ima sandblast it and repaint it some nice flavor..

stoppie machine.. lol
Name:  1212389604.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  14.5 KB
swinger off, rad and exhaust off, have the *** strung up with my chain hoist, thus the reason the sub is still on.. but it's coming off for a re polish and C.F panels for the undertail (maybe) when the swingarm goes back on.

soo yeah.. the turbo is out about 10 thousandths on the cold side.
i had this damn racoon that thought it'd be cool to knock a whole bunch of chit on the ground one night, including my then minty turbo. but the thing was free, so if i gotta spend $150for a rebuild on an $800. turbo, so be it.

that racoon ended up with a .38 caliber headache.

anyways .. yeah.. axial play is at about .020 or so.. varies from fin to fin on the compressor wheel. radial is a few tho out as well.. out of tolerance to me anyways.. maybe .01 or so.. can't really remember now..lol

but yeah.. more madness to ensue, keeeids.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member

WH,

You could put the turbo on your stuntin fiddy and ride that. I doubt if the cops would pull you over on the fiddy!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member

speaking of welding - i gave my self a nasty arc sunburn on my arm sunday repairing something for my church. oh well. maybe i'll get lucky and it will tan instead of pealing

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice work wh...somehow I avoid tickets /shrugs/. Sucks about the weld-burn KB

Old 06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

Nice work wh...somehow I avoid tickets /shrugs/. Sucks about the weld-burn KB
I just left the state that the tickets were issued in

Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 AM
1st Gear Member

lmao.. yeah.. maryland has not been kind to me at all..
they are a bunch of haters here.. cops around here leave a bitter taste in me mouth. they're always hasseling my people that LEGITIMATELY stunt parkinglots we have permission to use, and cops her eare generally just ********.. about 98% of em.. theres a few really cool ones, bad they're rare, unfortunately.

Kb, man.. you gotta wear the right PPE, bro!! lol

i never weld in any type of "mode" (TIG, MIG, or stick)w/o leather and a hood and gloves.. not after an accident i had as an industrial mechanic and fabricator that almost cost me my right foot after a 3rd degree, 2", 1/4" deep hole was burnt into my foot whilst welding a 15" O.D., 304 stainless vacuum line at the paper mill i was employed at.. still have a nice mark on my foot from it.. and that was about 2 years ago. had a spall drop into my boot, which was tied tight and i couldn't get my boot off fast enough.. caught my foot on fire for a second.. nothin like seeing that..lol

took about 2, almost 3 solid months to recover and be able to walk without problems.. had a bit of an infection for a bit.. thus the threat of amputation..

anyway.. i considered the boosted fiddy thing, but it just doesn't flow enough to even spool a TDO-2, which is the worlds smallest turbo.. the cold side inlet is the diameter of a quarter.. lol

but yeah.. a bathroom fart fan flows more air than that tiny motor does.. that, and the exhaust pulses are so far apart tht it's pretty much impossible, sadly.

well, a fart fan flows more air than this 750 motor does as well, actually.. my motor will make 149.7CFM at 10,000RPM... like i said.. the turbo makes 360!! lol.. overkill? yes. but at a .60 A/R it'll spool with minimal lag.

but yeah.. this will be the absolute CHEAPEST friggin boost buildup you'll ever see..

until i get all this legal chit rectified and can start building my actual turbo motor and do thatnasty EFI conversion i'm fanastizing about using the 10-R stuff.. that'll be the 250+ at the wheel motor there.

this go-around will be on the carbs at low boost.. maybe 5-8 psi.. rising rate fuel pressure regulator, log type manifold and probably a prototype carbon steel exhaust manifold and downpipe. i'll use the cheap stuff up so i have a nice template for the aluminum and stainless stuff when it's time.

i'm working on designing a carbon fiber/aluminum intake plenum with splitters and baffles to keep a nice flow across the intake stacks might make themcone shapes to promote flow like a velocity stack.. gotta do some engineering and flow calcs on it tho.. the C.F will dissipate heat very well tho, and if i do it right, i should get a slight intercooling effect from it.

after all, a full blown intercooler just means more pressure drop, more weight, more piping and fabrication, and i am building this to be undetectable.. a sleeper. won't see it.. you'll hear it, thats fo' sho', but just a quick glance will not give any visual cues as to it's intent.. being a liter-eater.