Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Another Harley Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Another Harley Thread

I gotta tell you guys what happened last Saturday. I was riding my 14 north of Indy on some of my favorite roads and was getting hungry. I knew that in Whitestown, ( a little one horse settlement ) that there is a Harley bar and is the only place around to get something to eat.
I parked my 14 and went in and sat my full coverage helmet on the table and immediately started getting stares, like what the hell are you doing wearing a helmet in Indiana. And needless to say, the only one that said hi was the waitress.
After I ate my burger and fries, I went out by my bike, lit up a cigarette, and got a call on my cell phone. By the time I was finished with the call, I had several half drunk Harley people standing around me looking at my bike. I'm not sure any of them really knew what it is or what it is capable of.
They were making comments like, looks kinda mean, **** it's just a rice burner, My Dyna wide Glide could probably take it, on, and on.
Then one guy said, I'll bet ole what's his faces V Rod could smoke the paint off of that thang. I said, only in his wildest dreams! They actually started laughing because they thought I was crazy. I was laughing too but only at their ignorence.
Then ole whats his face with the brand new V Rod came out and of course, all of his buddies told him what I said. Then he started laughing and had the nerve to tell me that no Jap bike could ever out run his V Rod.
I said look, obviously you guys have no idea what you are dealing with here but it is time for you to find out. I told them that I have 500 dollars that says I can out run the V Rod through the quarter mile and I'll spot him 8 bike lengths too boot. Then they really started laughing. I was starting to really get mad but what to hell, I was out numbered and didn't really want to get in a fight with thirty Harley dudes.
There was a place right outside of this little town with about a mile of dead straight road and nothing much around so I told these guys that I hold the money or all bet's were off and I would ride with them to the strip. I assured them that if I got beat, they would get their money back but since I was out numbered, it seemed the right thing to do.
Well we got to the place and lined up with some drunk Harley redneck trying to be the flagger. The guy on the V Rod was reving his motor to about 2000 rpms and it was obvious he didnt have a clue how to drag race. I was about to **** my pants trying not to laugh.
I wound the 14 to about 4000 rpms and we launched. Before the half way point I had caught him and finished about 6 to 8 bike lengths ahead of him and never wound the 14 to over 9,000 rpms. Hell I didn't even do a burn out cause I figured, why waste good rubber on a Harley.
I slowed down and looked back at the guy and he had a really sick look on his face, so I just waved and rode away. ( the one finger wave that is )
I had a burger, fries, coke, and a V-Rod for desert, life was good.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another Harley Thread

sweet

Old 06-03-2008, 03:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't even waste the keystrokes on hog stories.

This is a Kawi forum.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Good story 'lok

Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Didn't we already have this story like less than a week ago?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Harley, oh yeah those loud bikes that have oil leaks.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

you mean Hardly Ableson?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

??? , you already posted this story

Old 06-03-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry guys, I was so drunk yesterday afternoon that I couldn't have grabbed my *** with both hands. I know that is not a good excuse but it is all I have.
I am going to be Busa hunting for the next month so I am sure I can squeeze some stories out of that effort.
Again, please forgive me for wasting band width.