Vortex Frame Sliders Really Work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Vortex Frame Sliders Really Work!

ORIGINAL: greenteam

Banzai,

I don't feel like you have hijacked the thread at all. I am happy to see that there is a discussion on ways to save your bike in a fall.

I did get the Cat Scan results last Friday and I have 4 fractures in my pelvis. I have another appointment this Friday to see how the bones are healing. It is a 4 to 6 week healing process and then I will have to do the normal working out to get my muscle and flexibility back. I have been thinking of what improvements I will do to the bike in the mean time. I do have a set of race plastics to paint and install. I am thinking of going to a sticker set of tires. I just do not trust the Bridgestone 014 on the track anymore. Perhaps the Dunlop D208GP tires.

Since my crash I have thought alot about gear and what could help the pelvic region in a crash. The padding on most suits around the hip area is very thin. I was thinking of something like this to ease my mind. http://www.motostrano-store.com/tpfoacprosh.html , I don't know if even this would of helped me out, but a little more padding seems like a good thing. I also need to purchase a back protector, just another area that needs good protection.

Many of my friends wonder if I will ever get back on a bike, the answer is a simple "YES". I have been riding for many years and life will just seem empty with out being on a bike.

Mike

Dam greenteam and I thought my couple of spills were bad. Glad your recovery is going well. I also subscribe to your last statement as well. It would be a very sad world with out it.

Take it easy!