Vortex Frame Sliders Really Work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Vortex Frame Sliders Really Work!

Yea looks good, get the swing arm slider for sure, 25.00 to protect a 500.00 swing arm, it's a no brainer.

Post som pics when they are on your bike.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:17 AM

Funkdock, swingarm spools are a great investment (The delrin ones you are looking at are perfect) for anyone because you can use them with a stand to do maintenance on your bike; chain adjustment & lube, wheel removal for tire changes, cleaning & inspection Etc.. On stands your bike will sit straight and level which is good in tight parking situations as well as providing stability. I recommend purchasing a front and rear stand as well. I use Pit Bull stands and am very happy with them.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome bike Banzai! Im jealous. I like the 05 so much better than my 04. Im actually debating about upgrading to the 05. They are much sexier. WHy did you go with the single and not the two brothers?

Ok back to the post. Im going to get the sliders for front and back, but i dont think im goign to get the stands unless they are really cheap. I dont work on my bike enough and i have a 4 car garage .

Is the 05 much more comfortabel than the 04 as far as stress on the shoulders neck etc.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM

Adam I'm not sure what you are asking me about concerning the "single". Why don't you send me a
PM and I'll answer it.

I feel like I've totally high jacked Greenteams thread....[sm=chairshot.gif]

BTW Greenteam, how are you doing?

Old 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Funkdock
Ok back to the post. Im going to get the sliders for front and back, but i dont think im goign to get the stands unless they are really cheap. I dont work on my bike enough and i have a 4 car garage .
As posted on antoher thread
if ya need a swingarm/fork stand I found one hell of a deal. http://www.handyindustries.com/default.asp They have some quality stands for 112 bucks after shipping. That is for both. I have a set of them and they work great, and veyr sturdy. I picked up some swingarm spools and the combo makes several job easier.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 PM

Banzai,

I don't feel like you have hijacked the thread at all. I am happy to see that there is a discussion on ways to save your bike in a fall.

I did get the Cat Scan results last Friday and I have 4 fractures in my pelvis. I have another appointment this Friday to see how the bones are healing. It is a 4 to 6 week healing process and then I will have to do the normal working out to get my muscle and flexibility back. I have been thinking of what improvements I will do to the bike in the mean time. I do have a set of race plastics to paint and install. I am thinking of going to a sticker set of tires. I just do not trust the Bridgestone 014 on the track anymore. Perhaps the Dunlop D208GP tires.

Since my crash I have thought alot about gear and what could help the pelvic region in a crash. The padding on most suits around the hip area is very thin. I was thinking of something like this to ease my mind. http://www.motostrano-store.com/tpfoacprosh.html , I don't know if even this would of helped me out, but a little more padding seems like a good thing. I also need to purchase a back protector, just another area that needs good protection.

Many of my friends wonder if I will ever get back on a bike, the answer is a simple "YES". I have been riding for many years and life will just seem empty with out being on a bike.

Mike

Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM

Mike,

Good to hear you are feeling better. You stated there were four fractures in your pelvis, I'm going to assume that your pelvis is considered, "stable". Otherwise you'd be in bed in a very large hurt locker. My real gig in life is I'm an RN working in a Shock/Trauma Intensive Care Unit. Take the 6 weeks to let the body heal those fractures, it will save you from pain and set backs in the future. When you start physical therapy they will start you slow so try to be patient. In the mean time take your meds and heal up! Those shorts look pretty cool, I'm glad that there are companies that are finally getting protection products out there. BTW, you (or anyone else) should never ride without a back protector. Take this advice from someone who fractured three vertebre and is lucky to be walking and riding.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:11 PM

Banzai,

There is still quite abit pain, feels just like a pinched nerve (pain intensity) at times and it shoots to my left cheek. I have to keep my legs straight with my pelvis when lying down, if my legs move a hair too much to one side, I am screaming. I can only lay on my back in bed, I can't rotate to either side of my hips because there is too much pain. The pain killers don't really do that much for me, they take away the small aches and pains, but do nothing for the sharp pains that happen when trying to move my legs. I can stand with no pain (once standing), taking a step is very hard with out any support. I do have a wheelchair on its way and also a walker to aid in the healing process. I listen to what my body is telling me, if it hurts, I don't do it. This is probably the first time that no pain, no gain does not apply for me.

My wife is also an RN but works in Labor and Delivery at Alta Bates in Berkeley.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 10-05-2005, 12:33 AM

Mike it sounds like you have the perfect mate when it come to healing. My wife also is an RN, 25 yrs of ER & critical care experience. I'm sure your wife will back me on telling you about pain "killers" They are only meant to take the edge off without sending you into respiratory arrest. When I broke my back I used ice, heat, pillows, pills and an occasional beer, though I'll never admit I did that.

Keep doing what you have been doing and more importantly what you are told. I'd like to see the day we hook up at T-Hill to discuss the finer points of going faster!

Be well!

Old 10-05-2005, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Funkdock

Awesome bike Banzai! Im jealous. I like the 05 so much better than my 04. Im actually debating about upgrading to the 05. They are much sexier. WHy did you go with the single and not the two brothers?

Is the 05 much more comfortabel than the 04 as far as stress on the shoulders neck etc.
You should check these out www.redlinestands.com

I have 1.5 sets and they work great. The cost is easy on the wallet to. I do not think that Kaws are listed but just call and talk to Ian he will work with you. He has great customer service.

Quick Reply: Vortex Frame Sliders Really Work!