Trouble With Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Default RE: Trouble With Frame Sliders

Not stock is correct with his billet analogy. They tend to cause the bike to slide longer without reducing speed effectively, then they bite and pitch the bike into an end over end or the snap off deeming them useless. If you like the look that's one thing, but IMO they are useless.

An effective slidder will be constructed of Delrin. A very hard plastic it will actually wear down and effectively will reduce speed. I have had one snap off of an RC 51 only because the bike slid over a concrete berm at the apex of turn seven at Barber motorsports park.

I highly recommend Sato frame sliders if you ever want to change to something that is visually appealing and an effective piece of hardware. I also use Sato axle sliders of the same material.

Woodcraft makes clutch covers from Billet that have Delrin sliders that attach to the impact point and are very effective as well. They even come in I believe four colors if you're into that.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:07 AM

Notstock, I see you use CGR levers, the clutch lever appears to be a shorty in your picture. Have you tried the longer version? Also I was wondering if you have a local supplier or did you get them from CRG?

Lastly, I liked your hugger. I have an '05 636 in blue as well but would prefer a black hugger. May I ask where you purchased yours or could you post a link?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Banzai;

I have not tried the long CRG due to the fact I like the 2 finger braking. I did get them from a group buy on another forum.

The hugger is stock and its on my R1, that may be throwing you off. I tried a after market one but hated it and went back to stock.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay.....I will keep the polished for show but when I ride I will get another kind. Any links to sliders that you guys suggest? I also ride with my back pegs down. I would rather replace the back pegs then the back fairing. Does anyone else do this?

Old 08-26-2005, 07:53 PM

eztalking,
I'm not trying to cause any waves around here being a newbie and all but if you are looking for quality products, Try Kyle USA http://www.kyleusa.com/ Dan is a stand up guy with unbelievable service. He carries the Sato frame sliders and other trick parts I described (IE the CRG levers I asked Notstock about.)

I don't think riding with the rear pegs down will help out that much in the event of a crash due to the fact that they will fold. I suppose the peg bracket will help the most.

Other links:Sliders
http://www.rg-racing.com/sports-bike...i-zx6r-05.html
http://www.moto911.com/catalog/produ...3858f105c01ed3
http://www.moto911.com/
http://store.58cycle.com/ProductDeta...S+ZX6RR+636+05
http://store.themotorcyclezone.com/167-1223.html

Old 08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: eztalking

Okay.....I will keep the polished for show but when I ride I will get another kind. Any links to sliders that you guys suggest? I also ride with my back pegs down. I would rather replace the back pegs then the back fairing. Does anyone else do this?
dude. i don't remember what kind of bike you have. but i have an 05 636. when i low sided my bike the rear pegs were up. and the bracket stuck out far enough and saved the rear cowl. but you might want to think about swing arm spools/sliders.. the site that Banzai gave is cool enough. you should be able to find everything there..... good luck....

Old 08-27-2005, 01:50 AM

indysuperbikes.com there are a local shop that has dman near everything and reasonable shipping

Old 08-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: eztalking

You should look at vortex sliders. They are a 2 piece slider that you replace or enter change the pucks easily. So you could go bling when your out at bike night and change to nylon when you are hitting the twisties.
Best of both worlds.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

dude. i don't remember what kind of bike you have. but i have an 05 636. when i low sided my bike the rear pegs were up. and the bracket stuck out far enough and saved the rear cowl. but you might want to think about swing arm spools/sliders.. the site that Banzai gave is cool enough. you should be able to find everything there..... good luck...
I have a 2005 636. I already have swing arm sliders. However, they are the bling bling so I will probably get something else for the twists. I like the idea of having best of both worlds. Day its about seed and curves and night its about bling.