Mondello TrackDay Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Default Mondello TrackDay Video

Hi gays & gals, I know that some of you doing a trackdays, like me maybe someones are making a video as well, like tank cam videos or something like that, like me /again/, so why dont you posted around here, I wana see some footige from BIG America, maybe from some local racetrack or some famous racetrack.

I post a little video from 'Mondello Park', the biggest race track here, I like it is very technical, no so fast though, but who care if you enjoy yourself, right?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...49989474&hl=en

Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Mondello TrackDay Video

cool vid.I myself have done no track days yet maybee next year

Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM

A lot of those corners looked square. Not nice and round where you follow along the inside evenly. And unless your speedo was kilometers the speed was VERY desceptive (you hit over +17x?).

One thing nicer about street riding is the length. That short course must get boring after awhile.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: xrider

A lot of those corners looked square. Not nice and round where you follow along the inside evenly. And unless your speedo was kilometers the speed was VERY desceptive (you hit over +17x?).

One thing nicer about street riding is the length. That short course must get boring after awhile.
Not boring, It is very hard to get around a technical track, for that its hard to get around a high speed track as well. The fun is trying to master the turns, enter to early and you end up going slow with added steering inputs to get you through turn, enter to late should not need any explaination.

When you hit it right on the money, braking, proper gear selection, proper entry speed and the bike just slips right on through the turn, then you are rolling on until the right spot and your full gas and start rocketing to the next turn.

Got wood!

BTW great vid, keep them coming. Track days are the greatest I love them.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You said it NotStock! Nothing like mastering a track to the best of your ability or really going as fast and smooth as YOU can. It's never Boring; actually it's quite exciting being able to go faster than before, dragging your knees. I (with 3 other riders) did a 24 hour endurance race a Willow Springs and it was the best time I've had on a bike, especially at night. You really get to focus. That's what the racetrack/ trackday teaches you: is to focus and work on your skills.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Great riding Bro. Try not using as much engine braking before going into the turns; use your brakes to slow the bike down. You'll go faster. Really enjoyed watching that. Is that track in Ireland? That track looks like a lotta fun. I think you need to advance to the next faster group. Nice Riding!

What kind of camera & mount system did you use? It was very stable and smooth.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

Great riding Bro. Try not using as much engine braking before going into the turns; use your brakes to slow the bike down. You'll go faster. Really enjoyed watching that. Is that track in Ireland? That track looks like a lotta fun. I think you need to advance to the next faster group. Nice Riding!

Thanks for the advaices guys I'll try to sort them out, anyway.

Ye, the track is in Ireland near Dublin, 'Mondello Park'. It is a lot of fun, like every track I supouce, I'm still working on meself, body position, brake points etc. its take a wild to learn the track properly, specialy that one, u cant keep the gas open all the time, coz u will go wild on the next corner or maybe I need more practice LOL. I'm riding in intermediate group, the next one is advance group, but there is only racers and track bikes, I'm still on a road bike.

I'll show u the camera later, coz I need to go to work now, someone must pay the bills, LOL.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Uuummmm! engine braking, didn't we cover this before. LOL

Work on being smooth, do not worry about speed that will come later.

I miss the track and need to go [&o]

Old 07-22-2006, 03:24 AM

Thx speed, I use a small bullet/ extreme helmet camera, wich send the signal to a small digital cammcorder. Its easy to use it, and the quality is realy good, only problem is that the google's video quality is crap. I can put the camera anywhere I want its have everything with it. I have a picture of it , but dont know how to put it here.