my first trackday

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default my first trackday

first thing i have to say is.....OMFG!
was freakin awesome! i cant believe it took me so long to do this. i have new respect for the 06 zx6r. you cant do things on the street like you can do on the track. the bike exceeded my expectations. i did shred my stock tires. they will never see another track day. i will be posting pics of them. clumps of rubber everywhere.

the track was button willow ran by dial it in. was told to run 31 psi in the rear. dropped it from 34 psi. i think the shredding had something to do with the psi. i officially have no chicken strips. lol

i highly recommend the button willow track with my limited experience. at first the track was kind of scarey...but after the 3rd lap...it was sweet. only complaint was the instructers trying to do 2 minute laps while i was just trying to learn the track.

peace!

Old 05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: my first trackday

Once you do the track you realize how boring the street is. It only gets funner as you get more comfortable and faster. Since getting my bike last June I've done about 8 track days.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

button willow isn't to far from me. Man 31 PSI seems pretty low. i usaly run 42psi rear and 38 front on my pilot powers on the street. I can't wait till i get a chance to do a track day.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Glad you had a great track day. It seems you were bitten by the bug and now your hooked. That's awesome.

Just remember, you can't just run a set psi all the time. There are other variables that determine what psi you should be running. Hope to see you at the track one of these days.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

yea i have been bitten for sure. i cant wait till the next one.

i am ready for new tires anyways. all that commuting wore down the center of the tire more than the right and left side.

i hear they have PIRELLI Diablo Supersports cyclegear for $159. might give those a try.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 AM

I've never expierianced those tires myself, but I've heard great things about them. But we all know how tires are in this sport... Whats great for one rider, may not be for the other rider.

BTW... Button Willow is my favorite track. I'll be there hopfully on the 28th... Can't wait.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Dave, Where can I find info about "first timer" track days @ Button Willow?

Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

try this link. i would take a class for your first time out. they teach you the track rules and some riding stuff.
http://www.biketweakers.com/trackcalendar_2007.html

We should get a track calendar on this board.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Well dude glad you had a good time keep it up. I am trying to get a chance to go to a track around here soon.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I went to a "track" and raced somewhat illegally around it.... so much fun. Good to hear you beat her in nicely.

Quick Reply: my first trackday