FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

never take it for granted that the other person sees you ..............YOU CAN NOT BE TO CAREFUL .
I want all of you guys around for years to come .........keep it real and keep it safe .

YOU TO DEEJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I've even smacked a few trees myself back when I was ridin dirt bikes but never anything that extreme .They all cab be dangerous .

Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, I quit riding in the wood a long time ago. When I was young a bunch of us went 4-wheeling so I took my clapped out 125 and took off riding. I was in 3rd gear putting around enjoying the scenery and I went into an old cow pasture. I didn't see a electric fence ( it was off ) and the the wire went under my chin and pulled me off the bike backwards! I was laying there with no one around, pulled my gloves off and thank god there was no blood. It could of sliced my throat wide. I had a red mark around my neck that freaked everbody out. Ever since then I'll stick to the track where an ambulance or life flight can get to me quick.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
1st Gear Member

never like to hear a fellow biker going down for good. was he wearing a helment. well i guess at that speed it might not matter.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TODJ2002

BIKES RIDE BY MY HOUSE ALOT AND TODAY MY WIFE CALLED ME AT WORK TO MAKE SURE I WAS OK. A YOUNG MAN JUST PAST MY HOUSE WAS KILLED TODAY WHEN HE TRIED TO PASS A CAR AND HIT A DOT TRUCK BROAD SIDE. I DID NOT KNOW WHO HE WAS BUT A VERY SOBERING MOMENT. HIS SNEAKER IS STILL OUT THERE. I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, ANDTHEY ARE NOT RELEASING THE FULL STORY BUT IT LOOKS LIKE EITHER POOR JUDGEMENT OR THE DOT TRUCK WAS PULLING OFF A ROAD WHERE THEY HAD RECENTLY CLEAR CUT AND DID NOT REALIZE THE BIKES SPEED. PEOPLE GO BY HERE FAST ALL THE TIME. MY HOUSE IS RIGHT AT THE END OF THE SPEED ZONE AND THEN THERE IS A NICE STRAIGHT AWAY THAT LEADS INTO A NICE TWISTY BACK ROAD. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THAT SAME STRETCH OF ROAD IN EXCESS OF 130 MANY TIMES. MAKES YOU THINK. I GUESS HIS WORRIES ARE OVER HE DIED ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL, BUT I KNOW THERE IS A SAD FAMILY AND FRIENDS SOMEWHERE. I WENT OVER TO THE WRECK SITE TWICE TONIGHT AND IT IS ERIE. EVERYONE BE CAREFUL. REMEMBER SOMEONE YOU LOVE WILL BE MISSING YOU. I AM ATTEMPTING TO POST A LINK TO THE STORY BELOW.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13789350/detail.html#

Yeah I caught wind of that I live just below hickory,NC what kind of bike was it do you know?I might know the guy!! Its sad sad sad!! prayers go out to his family!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

likitysplit - from the pics in the local paper the bike looked like an old honda. huge tail light and signals. i talked to a co-worker that knew the driver of the dot truck. he said the bike was moving fast and pulled out to pass like he didnt even see the dot truck. the truck driver pulled off the road to try and avoid but the bike went down the side of the truck. if he had not swerved off the road he would have hit head on. i also heard his leg was severed. horrible. my friend back home in ny lost his leg when he wrecked is harley. luckily for him he has a great personality and still gets more girls than most guys, even with his titanium leg.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Sad to hear the loss of any one. Most Fatal motorcycleaccidents happen within a few miles of home. We get careless because we know the area and aren't as defensive when riding in and around our neighborhood. Usually without a helmet or jacket etc. It's a false sense of security.

Let's beCAREFUL out there!

Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

anothersad note:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13834974/detail.html

they can't tell if the rider or passenger were wearing a helmet, they werejust kid kids and it looks like a 636, what shocks me is that most teens can't handle a car at that age why were they on a bike like that.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member

thisone is different...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13777888/detail.html