FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

got the story out of the paper today. poor rider judgement. he apparently pulled out to pass while the dot truck was in the oncoming lane. you can see the truck mirror is missing and looks like his hbars went down the side of the truck. he was talking and coherent when medics arrived on the scene but had massive trauma and died in the ambulance. makes me wince to think about the pain. big pain sucks. if you never had it you cant understand it. i was shot once with a .38 and it made me very worried about ever feeling that type of pain again. SUCKS!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

That's very unfortunate. All he had to do was slow down, and he could have been alive today.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

speed thrills and KILLS!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM

I live in Montgomery, Alabama and there have been atleast 2 motorcycle fatalitites here this week. I think they may have been inthe outter area of the city (wetumpka/prattville), but it's really sad to think about. It sucks when so many bad things are on TV that you have to force yourself to ignore things, and not care or else you'll be consumed by it. You want to care, but if you do too much it just grabs ahold of your life, but if you dont care enough you feel evil. I do anyways. I was so consumed by a story a few years ago about a girl getting nailed in her SUV and thrown from the vehicle only 2 houses away from her parents house, that I was having panic attacks to the extreme for days... She had a child in the car and was almost 9 months pregnant. Her parents heard it and ran outside, and her and her husband had only been married a little over 2 years. What got me so much was imagining the husband starting life all over again, and the parents losing their only child and grand children. It's tough to really put yourself in someone elses world and feel their pain, and puts a catch 22 on caring too much or not caring enough.

Everybody be carefull. You all seem to be very level headed/goodspiritedpeople.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

We all need to be vigilant and watchful when riding.....

Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

yea , I'm always hearing chit like this around here .Most come from the ' DRAGON ' .People buying these bikes and not learning how to ride attemting to take on a ride such as the dragon . It sux hearing these things but you've got to use common sense when riding .

Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

That's terribleand it's been on hell of a summer for accidents so far. A week and a half ago at the local mx track I always go to a rider struck a tree during a haresramble race and died. It's such a shame he was 45 with kids, that were also racing that day, and a grand child. There is a benefit ride at the track and 100% of the proceeds go to his wife and family. Go to www.switchbackmx.com for details. Stay Safe.....

Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Always sad to hear........always Thoughts are with his family and for all of us that enjoy this great thing we all have in common. Take extra care guys before and during the ride. Ride safe, wear the right gear and ride like you're invisible.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member

1+

Never ever assume people are watching out for you because they're not.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I know the owner of the track good and he's having a real tough time. I guess he just looped out on the trail and landed wrong. My brother races harescrambles in Atlanta ( KTM EXC 450 )...booo! You'd like his bike deej, he even put plate on it. So I worry about him banging a tree. We all know the risks in this sport and I personally accept it and will have no regrets when all is said and done.

Quick Reply: FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE