Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?

hey bro, i didn't know you live soo close.... well in cali close.... but hey you interrested to join us for a trip to San Diego? april 14 - 17?

Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

hey bro, i didn't know you live soo close.... well in cali close.... but hey you interrested to join us for a trip to San Diego? april 14 - 17?

i think i'm going to be in santa barbara during that time, i'd love to meet up half way if you guys go down the 101

Old 03-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Sell the jet ski, buy a bike trailer, and with the left over money, get some mods!!! If it was my bike, I would not lay her on her side. With my luck, I'd bend the frame, crack the fairings, leak acid, and when I went to put out my cig, the ashes would ignite the fuel I couldn't get out of the bowls, and I would blow myself up!! JMO tho'

Old 03-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Sell the jet ski, buy a bike trailer, and with the left over money, get some mods!!! If it was my bike, I would not lay her on her side. With my luck, I'd bend the frame, crack the fairings, leak acid, and when I went to put out my cig, the ashes would ignite the fuel I couldn't get out of the bowls, and I would blow myself up!! JMO tho'
lmao on that one.

BTW like the sig bro

Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanx......

Old 09-25-2020, 08:04 PM
Default Suggestion

Originally Posted by marcmaggard
Ok, I admit i'm a freakin moron, so now that we have that out of the way....here goes.

I moved from Nashville to West Palm Beach Fl and I'm flying home to drive down in my blazer. I have to pull my jetski down, but I'd LOVE to be able to figure out a way to get my bike down as well. The weather here is great year round for riding!!! Is there some way I could lay my bike in the back on it's side and drive it down without harming it???? I know is sounds crazy, but I'm desperate. I don't want to have to make another round trip just to pull it down.

Apart from that, anybody have any clues on shipping it????

Marc
Interesting, i think you can look for bike shipping company. There are various bike shipping company which can do your work.

Yo can follow these steps to do your bike shipping
1. Shipping container:-

Whether it’s a cardboard box, soft shell, or hard shell case—is the first line of defense for your bike, so you should consider your vessel carefully.

2. Packing your bike:-

It is important step because no matter how protective your carrier is, if you carelessly load your bike in without wrapping it properly, it could be disastrous.

3. Shipping Your Bike

If you’re not driving with your bike, you can either fly with it or ground-ship it. I often used Citizenshipper for my bike transportation within US but its totally up to you to chose which one.

If you’d rather not use a bike shipping service, you can take your bike directly to carriers like FedEx or UPS

Whichever shipping option you pick, consider paying a little extra to protect your bike.