Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Default Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?

Ok, I admit i'm a freakin moron, so now that we have that out of the way....here goes.

I moved from Nashville to West Palm Beach Fl and I'm flying home to drive down in my blazer. I have to pull my jetski down, but I'd LOVE to be able to figure out a way to get my bike down as well. The weather here is great year round for riding!!! Is there some way I could lay my bike in the back on it's side and drive it down without harming it???? I know is sounds crazy, but I'm desperate. I don't want to have to make another round trip just to pull it down.

Apart from that, anybody have any clues on shipping it????

Marc

Old 03-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Default RE: Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?

not advisable but, if you drain all the fluids it would probably be ok... i'd just hate to see you ruin your paint cuz gas leaked out all over it. drain the crankcase, drain the tank, drain the carbs (oh wait your probably f.i.) and use a lot of blankets and pillows and everything else soft you can find (probably not the quilt granny made for you tho)

Old 03-18-2006, 02:25 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

take the plastics off too. or shove the jet ski in the back ant trailer the bike.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:03 AM

you can probably rent a trailer from uhaul big enough to fit both for like 25 bucks a day...

Old 03-18-2006, 07:47 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

take the plastics off too. or shove the jet ski in the back ant trailer the bike.
not advisable but, if you drain all the fluids it would probably be ok... i'd just hate to see you ruin your paint cuz gas leaked out all over it. drain the crankcase, drain the tank, drain the carbs (oh wait your probably f.i.) and use a lot of blankets and pillows and everything else soft you can find (probably not the quilt granny made for you tho)
Also don't forget the ACID leak from the BATTERY! I would stick the jetski in the back on its side as evil636 said and trailer the bike or modify the trailer to carry both if you can.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

freaken u-hual it.... unless your superman how the hell are you gonna get the bike in the blazer?????[8D]

Old 03-18-2006, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

freaken u-hual it.... unless your superman how the hell are you gonna get the bike in the blazer?????[8D]
i actually had a friend that fit 2 r6's INSIDE a minivan...twice....once in a privia once in a town and country [sm=yikesomg.gif], stood them strait up and leaned them over on the kickstand strapped them down to the grab bars and seat mounts and drove 600 miles to a track day like that...and back...he just used a ramp and rolled them right into the back

Old 03-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

nice.... well bro, [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-18-2006, 08:24 PM

must suck to have to drive 600 miles to the nearest track day!

Old 03-18-2006, 08:30 PM

oh it wasn't the nearest one, we're like an hour away from laguna seca and infineon >=) but he went to lv speedway to check it out

sorry about the thread jacking...i'll stop...heh

Quick Reply: Can I transport my bike laying on it's side?