how to check air box vent hose RECALL ISSUE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Default how to check air box vent hose RECALL ISSUE?

I got the same letter that others have gotten about the front brake line and the obstructed air box vent hose recall on the new 250. The front brake line bracket looks fine enough to drive(will still get them to replace it if they want to) but my husband wants to ride itto the dealership to get them to sign off on both issues. But before we do that, we thought we'd check the air box vent hose ourselves. Have any of you done this? Any idea how to look into it before we actually drive the bike? Others have mentioned that if it was obstructed that it would have become a problem in the first few miles or so. My bike only has 2 km on it that we didnt not put on it. Probably the mechanics after they lowered it for me...

If we can't just look into it ourselves enough to reassure us about driving it the 15 miles, we will just put it on a truck. But it would benice to avoid that hassle...thanks

Melissa

Old 04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: how to check air box vent hose RECALL ISSUE?

ORIGINAL: 08ninja250green

I got the same letter that others have gotten about the front brake line and the obstructed air box vent hose recall on the new 250. The front brake line bracket looks fine enough to drive(will still get them to replace it if they want to) but my husband wants to ride itto the dealership to get them to sign off on both issues. But before we do that, we thought we'd check the air box vent hose ourselves. Have any of you done this? Any idea how to look into it before we actually drive the bike? Others have mentioned that if it was obstructed that it would have become a problem in the first few miles or so. My bike only has 2 km on it that we didnt not put on it. Probably the mechanics after they lowered it for me...

If we can't just look into it ourselves enough to reassure us about driving it the 15 miles, we will just put it on a truck. But it would benice to avoid that hassle...thanks

Melissa
If the airbox has the obstruction, you'll know it within 3-5 miles, pressure will build up and the bike will leak oil onto the exhaust headers. I had over 150 miles on mine before I got the letter, and even though I didn't have a problem I still took it to the dealer to have them sign off on the issue. They ordered me a new tail light and another clamp for the front brake line. I'd ride it to the dealership since it's still under warranty...that way, if there is a problem it'sat least veryobvious to the mechanic at the shop. If you know what I mean. Good luck Melissa. Tom (Oh and BTW, my '08 Ninja 250r is GREEN also)...

Old 05-08-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I had the dealer check mine, it was ok on my 2008 250. The bracket they ordered and I replaced myself. Easy to do, and only slightly different from the original.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 AM

nm