Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Default Replacements

Hey guys, Im new to the forums and the bike world. Ive been riding for a little over a month now and having a great time. I got my first bike, a 2008 Ninja 250 and I love it so far. The only problem Im having is finding a replacement blinker. I smashed the front left one when I fell for the first time, and Im confident will be my last time. Luckily its still in great shape with almost unnoticeable scratches. But anyway, my dealership tells me that the replacement part is on "back order" and that it may take a few months to get a new one. A FEW MONTHS?!? for a BLINKER?! Wow, but anyway, Id rather find aftermarket flush mount replacements anyway, because I think the stock blinkers are a bit aesthetically unpleasing. So if anyone knows of any information on good aftermarket parts for the 2008 model I would greatly appreciate it! Any other good or cheap modifications that would help make the bike look or sound better? Thanks for any responses!

-Brian

Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Replacements

It shouldn't take a few months. I am waiting on one since I laid mine down and I have been waiting about a month for parts to repair mine. It may already be in since they have some of the parts, but I am mainly waiting on the cowlings. Check back with your dealer and have them order it for you. Kawasaki gives them an ETA for backordered parts.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Replacements

I put flush mounts on mine and they look GREAT! I couldn't stand those "shrek ears" so we pulled those off the same day I got it.. however, they did not have the exact ones for the bike so we got the closest set and modified them and they fit perfect and look sweeet! Oh and you have to have something else to install them because they don't blink if you put them in by themselves... but theres a part you get and .... ummmm okay guys help me out here (: anywho theres a part u buy that u rig up to it and then they blink !
Soon I will know this stuff! lol
Anywho... GOOD LUCK!