New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Bill Blue 351 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Default Bill Blue 351 problems

Hey guys, I am a newbie here but have actually been lurking around for quite a while in forum. I was wondering if any of you ever had a problem while dealing with Bill Blue? I know from reading he is retired, this is not his job, and he kinda does this as a hobby. I made to jump and purchased the entire 351 kit but have yet to receive any products. I have called couple times, he has been very polite, he told me there is a waiting list, I also understand this is the holiday season but I have never waited this long to receive something when I purchase. After reading numerous posts about others getting their stuff in five days I am starting to wonder if I need to request refund or just report my problem to Pay-Pal. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to wait this long for service from him. I actually bought my KLX with the intent to put this kit on after reading all the posts here and other Kawi sites. Hoping I have not just made a costly blunder. Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

You are talking a fairly comprehensive machining process and he may be dealing with other things. I have the same thing with cam chain tensioners. If my job as a teacher or if family matters intrude, that is priority. That is part of getting a decent product at a lower price than others.

If his kit was from a larger company you could add a hundred or two to the pricing, for the part I make it can be 50-100% higher cost. So you decide if you are willing to hang with him or not. I don't get too shook up myself, I've refunded a few when they got antsy about time. I would say we both want to do the job as fast as possible. There is also the possibility if he contracts out the machining. Some shops may close up for a week at the holidays. I put in an order and will be waiting several days to get rough cut parts, even though the company that does them is only 60 miles away - it's the holidays.

Not making excuses, just telling you the reality of a small one/two person operation.

By the way I ordered one of the AHL 300 kits November 27, it will be showing up a bit over a month later here around December 29. I got it on Amazon, it appears to be direct from the manufacturer.