Is Your KLX Easier Starting With Aftermarket Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Is Your KLX Easier Starting With Aftermarket Exhasut?

Is that the pumper you are getting, tremor38?

Old 11-25-2006, 08:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup! I will be getting the one that comes configured to use our airbox though. I'm ordering it through my dealer. I considered getting an FCR through Jerry, but I don't want to deal with our unreliable mail system and long distance, WAY different time zone tech service. Also, the dealer could have got a similarly set-up FCR for the same price, but he recommends the Yoshimura. Looking at the size of the nozzles in that needle, I think an inline fuel filter will be in order as well.

The final selling point was that the yosh. uses both throttle cables.

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Is that the pumper you are getting, tremor38?

Old 11-25-2006, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

If you have a pumper, yes. If you have the stock carby, no. With the stock carby you are only opening the throttle plate which affects air only. You need vacuum to deliver the fuel (engine must be turning over). No flooding worries with the CVK unless you suddenly kill her with the throttle open.

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i wasnt sure of another thing, if my bike is sitting there and i twist the throttle will it flood the motor? i know u can do that in cars, but im still new to this bike carb stuff...

Old 11-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Do they have stock jetting and exhaust?

Yes both of the XT's are stock, but I went to start the KLX today and it took me like 2 minutes to get started.[&:]

Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I'd start by asking the same question Marty did about jetting.

Also, it doesn't take very long for modern fuels to start gelling. The first thing to try when those XT's give you a hard time is to shut off the fuel at the tank, drain the float bowl, close the drain (duh!) then open the fuel valve again to let the carb bowl fill-up with fresh gasoline. Obviously, the bigger the size of jets you run with, the less sensitive they will be to fuel gelling. The gelling is accelerated by cold weather. If you have alchohol additives in your gas, you wont even need cold weather to help it gel!

ORIGINAL: deej

OK quick question: If I start both of the XT 225's everyday, they start right up, but if they sit for a week good luck trying to get them to start: Explain please.