Power Mod Question for 'standard' mods !

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Power Mod Question for 'standard' mods !

I did all the carb mods today and removed the 'emissions' debacle ! I'm stumped, though, as how you all get a 3/8ths bit into the crankcase breather hole on the airbox. Did you have to take it off...that looks like a serious pain.

Does it effect the other mods at all...i.e....can I just skip it for another day ?

I think it should be added to the directions to make sure that the spring holder in the slide has to have one of it's 5 feet go between 2 tabs in the bottom so that the other feet are out of the way of the vent hole and that it seats right.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Power Mod Question for 'standard' mods !

It's not critical and you can skip it for later if you want. Altenatively, instead of drilling that out, you can instead cap it off and route a new vent line up around the airbox and secure a crankcase filter on the end of that for the same or similar effect:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_81366/tm.htm

Old 11-25-2006, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

That was a very nice post...and more than enough pics !

Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm thinking thats the way I will eventually go.

One mod at a time though. I'm gonna tinker with my bike a little bit tomorrow. One thing I still need to do is put locktite on the bolts that secure the blank-off plate I installed over that reed valve on the front of the motor. I prolly will start breakin her down to repack the bearings as well. After-all, one needs to do something to kill the time until one's carby comes-in!

I think I finally settled on the HMF slip-on to replace our asthmatic muffler. 2 Brothers Racing doesn't publish enough info on the noise figures for their slip-on...only that their 'quiet insert' will reduce the overall sound level by '2-3db.' When I called them, all they could tell me is that their slip-on is 'not obnoxiously loud.' I finally found a Japanese place that ran a test on them....100db without the insert, so that's prolly 97db at best with it installed...no thanks! My neighbors would be ready to lynch me. From what HMF has published, their muffler is 1db louder than stock...can't beat that, although the lower than stock note will carry a bit further.

ORIGINAL: rkutzner

That was a very nice post...and more than enough pics !