What's in the box?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Ha ha ha, I take no offense and have no desire to retaliate, so it's good with me. I want to learn to work on my bike eventually. My father passed away unexpectedly earlier this year, and the garage is really cluttered with his stuff. I'm afraid to run a radiating heater in there until I get it cleared out. I am the administrator of the estate, so I want to make sure not to get rid of anything that other relatives may want. After that, I'll start clearing out the garage. I do have a workbench buried back there, I used it to do a little work (nothing too complicated) on my KX125 8 years ago. I did plan to do the handle bars and stuff myself, but when I went to the dealer to check on things and find out it's not ready yet with them being closed until January 2nd, I figured I'd just get the handlebars out of my trunk and let them do it while I'm waiting. I admit I felt funny about that, but since I don't have it I wanted some progress to get done to it one way or another.

Sorry if the goofy nature of my thread offended or upset anybody, I had no intention of doing that. I thought it was a looser forum than that, my mistake, I'll try to be more serious and straightlaced in the future. I sometimes deal with stress by being a little silly, and that was wrong of me. Sorry.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Is it a ****ing idiot in the box?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, but my dog ate the idiot after he had his way with him.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lostnite66
Ha ha ha, I take no offense and have no desire to retaliate, so it's good with me. I want to learn to work on my bike eventually. My father passed away unexpectedly earlier this year, and the garage is really cluttered with his stuff. I'm afraid to run a radiating heater in there until I get it cleared out. I am the administrator of the estate, so I want to make sure not to get rid of anything that other relatives may want. After that, I'll start clearing out the garage. I do have a workbench buried back there, I used it to do a little work (nothing too complicated) on my KX125 8 years ago. I did plan to do the handle bars and stuff myself, but when I went to the dealer to check on things and find out it's not ready yet with them being closed until January 2nd, I figured I'd just get the handlebars out of my trunk and let them do it while I'm waiting. I admit I felt funny about that, but since I don't have it I wanted some progress to get done to it one way or another.

Sorry if the goofy nature of my thread offended or upset anybody, I had no intention of doing that. I thought it was a looser forum than that, my mistake, I'll try to be more serious and straightlaced in the future. I sometimes deal with stress by being a little silly, and that was wrong of me. Sorry.
It's all good man. I see nothing wrong with the thread. You have it right. This forum IS loose, because it's a user/rider forum. There are a few people -very few I might add- who probably feel it should be run like a help desk, but they are in the extreme minority.

If the intention was to make these forums purely technical, that would be written right into the rules of engagement. Anyone who wants to make it into anything else should 'talk to the hand'

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You did nothing wrong, LN. I for one enjoyed the guessing game, even though I wasn't very good at it. Your first impression was the correct one - we are bit loose here, kind of like a garage or shop where you can hang out and shoot the ****.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I liked the dog pics.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, and Rusty loves to ham it up for the cameras.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Maybe I just over react when IG puts up a post like that. Sorry about that, it just rubs me the wrong way. I like the thread, thought it was fun, kept coming back to see what else was in there. I have no problem with someone doing every single mod to there bike, or sending it out and paying to have someone else do it. Hey, you dont pay a mason to bake a cake, and you dont pay a baker to make a stonewall.
I have been in the car business all my life. Some people can do it, some cant. Its all good.

And Rusty, he rocks.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

OK, I give up, what was in the box??

Old 12-24-2008, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member

The fork springs from Moto Pro, which apparrently don't fit.

Here is a little extra for the Rusty fans,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMNuTxLlBMQ

Last edited by lostnite66; 12-24-2008 at 04:54 AM.