Yellow Box (How Many Wires on the Speed Sensor?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Yellow Box (How Many Wires on the Speed Sensor?)

Hey Guys....I was wondering if anyone knows how many wires a 05 636 speed sensor has? Has anyone used a yellow box? Is it plug and play? I hate how the speedo is off and I am looking to change my sprokets so it is only going to get worse. http://www.blackrobotics.com/yb_comp.htm

Old 09-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Default RE: Yellow Box (How Many Wires on the Speed Sensor?)

http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/...ex.cgi?pid=800

cheaper and plug-n-play

Old 09-13-2005, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I have a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 and was wondering if the speedohealer calibrator 3.0 would work on my bike?? Is it plug and play? I believe I would want the Kawasaki Plug-n-go and not the KawasakiII Plug-n-go. I want to make sure it was plug and play for this model. I had heard a rumor that for the 2005 636 it is not plug and play. What is the difference between Standard (button on black box) and the EXT model (long remote cable)?
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_6098/tm.htm

Old 09-13-2005, 12:57 PM

I will be posting how to do it in DIY soon.(speedohealer) I had a shop show me where the speed sensor is on th 05 ninja 636. I will take my bike back apart to take all the pics. It is a real simple install once you know where the senser is located. Only 3 wires to hook up. As for the button and the button on the long wire, the long wire allows to recall your highest speed without taking off your seat. I have the one with out the long wire. Mine so far is 136(real speed)

As for the yellow box, almost bougth one untill i read all the reviews on it. It has a sensor delay that is really bad. I can tell you there is no delay with the speedohealer.

The 05 636 will never have a PNP adapter for the speedo healer. I got that straight form speedo healer.

I will put the install in DIY by this weekend.(i hope)

Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

It would be great if you did that. I am just a little nervous about the wiring of it. Can't wait to read about it in DIY. Thanks again!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: gotrice

I will be posting how to do it in DIY soon.(speedohealer) I had a shop show me where the speed sensor is on th 05 ninja 636. I will take my bike back apart to take all the pics. It is a real simple install once you know where the senser is located. Only 3 wires to hook up. As for the button and the button on the long wire, the long wire allows to recall your highest speed without taking off your seat. I have the one with out the long wire. Mine so far is 136(real speed)

As for the yellow box, almost bougth one untill i read all the reviews on it. It has a sensor delay that is really bad. I can tell you there is no delay with the speedohealer.

The 05 636 will never have a PNP adapter for the speedo healer. I got that straight form speedo healer.

I will put the install in DIY by this weekend.(i hope)
I like the speedo healer better as well. Had no problems with mine on an R1.
Nice to hear you will be posting the install in the DIY section.

Thanks. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]