1st Gear Member
Default RE: well, it's sold

Good luck on the sale Iowaguy

Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
have made a deal and the buyer is planning on picking the bike up on Thursday evening.
Congrats!

Since everyone is offering up suggestions, I'll toss in my reasoning for the 450 which is simply that the weight difference and price are very small and I'd rather have an engine that will do everything I want with little exerted effort than one that has to work harder for the same effect. I'm sure a performance 250 would be more than I would ever need. But hey, it's not about what I need, it's about what I want. Riding is recreation for me, I do it for enjoyment. Need rarely plays a into the decision, assuming the other factors are mostly equal.
Nicely said, Nobrakes.

Sothere we have it, Iowa. You are now battling thevery same thing we went back and forth on. If you argue from the standpoint of'need' I can argue all day. 'Want' is a totally different matter. If you 'want' a 450 and the priceand weight difference is so small, go for it! Anything with a throttle and brakes can be controlled

I hope it all comes out well and you are happy with whatever decision you make. Good luck on closing the sale on your KLX.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

dude, you did! what do you think your riding? It's probably got just as much horsepower and torque as the YZ, just tuned to deliver it differently. I'm gonna ride both bikes and then decide which one i think i need. the 450 would be good on the open road and it will turn taller gearing if desired which i hear is needed since these bikes are geared pretty low. but 55mph shouldn't be taxing anything on the 450's engine.
Maybe after you put a YZ throttle stop, slip on, helped the air intake a bit, rejet and un-grounded the CDI would you come close to the total power output of a YZ. I would say its close, but those who hop off a YZ and jump on a WR say its pretty choked up.