well, it's sold

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: well, it's sold

ORIGINAL: mustang

"Husqvarna owners regrow hair!"
I hear its true, but they never tell you where!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

dangit guys, now i'm back where i started. the 450 is only $600 more. maybe I'll pull the trigger.
Now your talking. The 450 is the way to go![sm=smiley20.gif] I know that the husky 250 makes around 35HP but you will have bounce the rev limiter to get that kind of horse power. I agree with you that the husky 250 will be much faster than the KLX but don't make the same mistake twice. If you can ride wheelies then it sounds like you have some pretty good riding skills and you will have no problem with the 450. Good luck with your decision. Cant wait to here your ride report on the husky!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Yea but that just comes with age, you don't have to buy anything for that to happen.[8D]

Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Yea but that just comes with age, you don't have to buy anything for that to happen.[8D]
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Sad, but true!

Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 AM

if i was u i'd probably go with the 450. mostly just because u did all that work to your klx and now your sellin it for another 250. if u want more power i wouldn't take a chance, get a 450 and once u get used to it it should be great. and u said its only 600 bucks more. i wouldn't take the chance on buyin a bike with not enough power to make u happy "again". with the 450 u wont even need any major mods probably. i mean im no expert on huskys im just sayin, its a 450. it should have the power u want

Old 03-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
have made a deal and the buyer is planning on picking the bike up on Thursday evening.
Congrats!

Since everyone is offering up suggestions, I'll toss in my reasoning for the 450 which is simply that the weight difference and price are very small and I'd rather have an engine that will do everything I want with little exerted effort than one that has to work harder for the same effect. I'm sure a performance 250 would be more than I would ever need. But hey, it's not about what I need, it's about what I want. Riding is recreation for me, I do it for enjoyment. Need rarely plays a into the decision, assuming the other factors are mostly equal.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 AM
1st Gear Member

450. Come on, you know you want it. [:@]

Old 03-14-2007, 04:13 AM

Another KLX250s owner Bites the dust............. Everyone is selling these machines even though they have only been around for about a Year.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: westcanca

Another KLX250s owner Bites the dust............. Everyone is selling these machines even though they have only been around for about a Year.
Why don't you straddle that big, bad DRZ and wheelie your *** out of here? You add nothing.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:42 AM

I hope I can sell my bike as easily as you seemed to have sold yours...

I went through the same 250/450 debate, but I can't comment on how the Husqvarna's are setup stock. I know with the WR's, they are choked up... and 99% percent of the 250f owners spent time and money making them into YZ's to get enough power. I had already done that trick I said to myself, and the 450f has massive potential to uncork as my abilities increase.

But at any rate, I look forward to the pictures and the review!
However, if the Husqvarnas run pretty well straight from the crate, maybe a 250 would be a fine choice. The biggest reason for my choice of the 450f was the ability to start with a mild motor and turn it up to wild over time, as my weight and skills increased... I definately would not jump straight from a KLX to a YZ/CRF/KX450.

Quick Reply: well, it's sold