Time for some upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
If your looking for a pumper carb, I have one that I am willing to sell. It is a mikuni tm33/34 modified by Bill Blue. I also have a bunch of jets to go with it.

Asking 250.00. or Best Offer. Will ship any where you are so long as you pay for shipping.

Need the money to pay some bills. Santa Claus is coming soon. .
I may be very interested (if you still have it at this point). Few questions.

1. how old is it?

2. anything wrong with it?

3. how many spare jets do you have?

4. can I possibly see a pic?

5. it 100% completely bolts right into a stock bike? I do not need to buy/do anything else to my bike at all for this carb?
________
BLONDE ASIAN

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I do have it still

may be very interested (if you still have it at this point). Few questions.

1. how old is it? Not sure.

i bought it from someone else who said he had it on his bike for a couple of weeks and then sold the bike.

Nothing more than operator error when trying to get it tuned. It has the af screw with the t-handle on it. When I had the dealer install it about a week later it started running rich. I took it back and the af screw had backed out a little. they readjust the a/f screw and has been fine ever since.

3. how many spare jets do you have? I have a 127.5 main in it now with a 37.5 pilot. The jets are at home, I can check later for sure, I believe I have most of the jets by size for the main up to 142 as well as i have a 40 pilot.

The carb is on the bike but I can take a pic of it for you. I will get back to you with a pic.

5. it 100% completely bolts right into a stock bike? I do not need to buy/do anything else to my bike at all for this carb?

Depending on what type of exhaust and intake setup you have you may have to rejet the carb or adjust with the a/f screw. I have a Big Gun EvoR full exhaust. Currently the stock snorkle is on with the stock air filter. If your setup is the same then it will be a direct bolt on. If it is different then you will have to rejet/adjust the carb.

If your in the Continental US(Does not include puerto Rico or Hawaii) i will cover UPS ground shipping.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Kenda Trackmaster II's are great for soft stuff. I just a 120/100-18 on my 07 klx. I like the wider tire, does not wash out as bad anymore. I have been spending alot time riding in the muddy stuff lately. It has performed well for me. Need to just get something better on the front now.

I think next year I am going to get a second set of wheels so during the week when I am riding to work I can through on the street tires and during the weekend when I want to shred up the trails I will put the meats back on.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
tires......... TM2's, pipe...........Q4 slipn-on works fine.,jet kit............ dj jetkit for the klx300 is what you want, gearing.............. a kdx 47 tooth rear is a direct bolt on but you need a longer chain otherwise go with the 13/45. a pumper will get you something but the buy in is high($325) for the amount of performance you get. you should think about a vortex 1/4 turn throttle too. doesn't seem like much but I haven't heard a bad thing said about it yet. i love mine. that 'll do it for the motor. you should be thinking about the suspension at some point.
I note you mention the suspension needs to be looked at at some point.

I have been doing a bit of preliminary research into upgrading the shock and forks on my 07 250S and cannot seem to find the spring rate of the stocker listed on bike bandit.

Does anyone know what the stock spring rate is? I saw a site somewhere that listed parts the KLX250/300 shares with other bikes, and I seem to recall the spring for the rear shock is shared with the 98-ish YZ250.

Does that mean it's a .48 spring? That's what was on my `98 YZ250 before I had Jeremy at MX-Tech redo them.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Give a call over to John at Moto Pro.

http://www.moto-pro.com/

he will be able to help you out. The front spring is designed for a 130-140lb rider the rear is meant for someone under 200lbs.

John will be able to sell you springs, valves, shocks, and tell you what rebound and dampenor settings to use.

The front springs are really soft and if you are any older than 14 you will need to replace them, cause I dont know anyone who is that light and is an adult. Just replacing the springs will make a huge difference in handling.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Ordered a set of Kenda K777/778? Sounds right? Shop said they didnt have TM2's in the catalogue. Also the Two bros pipe was 500 cnd! Not sure what I want now. 500 is a little pricy.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
I do have it still

may be very interested (if you still have it at this point). Few questions.

1. how old is it? Not sure.

i bought it from someone else who said he had it on his bike for a couple of weeks and then sold the bike.

Nothing more than operator error when trying to get it tuned. It has the af screw with the t-handle on it. When I had the dealer install it about a week later it started running rich. I took it back and the af screw had backed out a little. they readjust the a/f screw and has been fine ever since.

3. how many spare jets do you have? I have a 127.5 main in it now with a 37.5 pilot. The jets are at home, I can check later for sure, I believe I have most of the jets by size for the main up to 142 as well as i have a 40 pilot.

The carb is on the bike but I can take a pic of it for you. I will get back to you with a pic.

Depending on what type of exhaust and intake setup you have you may have to rejet the carb or adjust with the a/f screw. I have a Big Gun EvoR full exhaust. Currently the stock snorkle is on with the stock air filter. If your setup is the same then it will be a direct bolt on. If it is different then you will have to rejet/adjust the carb.

If your in the Continental US(Does not include puerto Rico or Hawaii) i will cover UPS ground shipping.
Cool, I'll wait for the pic and think about it.

yes, I live in the lower 48 states (Pennsylvania)
________
YX600 RADIAN

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SnowmanSimon
Ordered a set of Kenda K777/778? Sounds right? Shop said they didnt have TM2's in the catalogue. Also the Two bros pipe was 500 cnd! Not sure what I want now. 500 is a little pricy.
The HMF is the cheapest slip on available new. Keep em peeled on Ebay for a full KLX300R OE system. Same weight as stock but it will improve teh bike if you run it without the "but plug." That's the cheapest option if you can find one. Do you have snow yet? Ha ha ha. Summer's just begun. That's 6 months of summer.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Well tested out the tires and wow! makes such a difference on the trail. I have a 13T sprocket on order. That should do the trick for gearing? Im wondering about air, looking at a UNI filter. Any luck with those? Also looking for a better headlight and a longer shifter. Any one have trouble shifting with MX boots on these things?