Some Upgrades>>>W/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Some Upgrades>>>W/Pics

Well, I finally got my new upgrades done today.......probabaly old stuff to most of you, but new for me

Pro Tapers....after my steel green moose ones bent!!!! New Grips too.

New Gold RKChain for some BLING!and 45 Tooth Renthal Sprocket

New Rear Fender Bag..Way Bigger than stock and mounted with some extra heavy zip ties...NICE!!!

And Finally some new Rubber........Kenda Trakmaster II......Front and Rear....

Aint she SOOOOOOOOOOOO Pretty now??...................

Just look at that rear Tire...........WOW!!!

Thanks for all the help here at the forum........you people make this stuff look easy.
Now for a little test ride to ensure all is in order, I've heard you need to put 100 street miles on the Trakmaster's to remove the tire MOULD?? Whatever, we'll try to keep her outta the dirt, but that's gonna be hard.

Dave-

Old 04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Some Upgrades>>>W/Pics

Looks awesome, Dave!

ORIGINAL: double d6
Whatever, we'll try to keep her outta the dirt, but that's gonna be hard.
Heck no, man, head STRAIGHT for the dirt!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Very Nice! Ain't it cool ....... after you put some new stuff on your bike and take it out for a test ride, its like you bought another new bike.[sm=icon_rock.gif] That warm fuzzy feeling all over again.

Makes you want to keep spending money on it!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok...just got back from a real short ride (about 15min), hardly enough time to really enjoy it but enough to give a little review.
#1 New tires make the front not too stable. You can feel rim locks around 55mph and up. I guess the new tire is more slim compared to stock and the fact that the front trakmaster has the same tread as the back, you kinda feel like your almost floating.
Gotta take it easy on the road is all..........no slipping either and I tried to.......[]

#2 45T sprocket is a HUGE difference from stock.......Top end feels unchanged, but the low end is just sick......I mean it's like rrrrrrrrrrshiftrrrrrrrrrrrshiftrrrrrrrrrrshift!!!! Alot faster getting to the higher gears, which will be awsome on the trails. Really didn't notice anything great about 5th or 6th other than I got there faster and rpm's where a little higher for faster response. LOVE this upgrade and very very happy with the results. I can't believe what 3 extra teeth can do....amazing!!!!

#3 The new chain seems actually alotLESS noiseythan stock???And it just feels good

All in all I'm very impressed with the upgrades and more than happy to have spent the money.

In the future I will do the exhaust and jetting..........free mods too. But for now this newbie is happy with the bike the way it is............ for a while.

I'll give a little info about the tires once I travel to some trails later in the week.Calling for snow here in NJ.

Dave-

Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Thats great Dave, how did you like the new bars and grips?

Old 04-07-2007, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

i have the same mirrors and tool bag. not for nothing but you only NEED one mirror to be legal. keep the right in the garage for when you break the left one. i like how it folds down to the speedo when i get to the woods but thestalk on the handle bar is fairly high and will get snapped off eventually.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks good and the rear tyre looks mean.

But think the pot plant needs some water

Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

New tires will feel more unstable until the "mold" wears off. I belive it is like riding on a wet road with broken in tires. Was also wondering if you are still 14 tooth in the front or did you already drop down to 13.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks sweet! That Kenda is a great tire.

Quick Reply: Some Upgrades>>>W/Pics