Security Alarm for the KLX - Super cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

I think i am going to get the xena, does anyone know what size hole is in the front caliper or which zena model i need?
thanks

Last edited by mtnman; 02-13-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtnman
I think i am going to get the xena, does anyone know what size hole is in the front caliper or which zena model i need?
thanks
I'm not sure on the size of the holes in the disc but I did get the xena xx6 which has a 6mm locking pin.
It fits fine in either the front or rear disc.
It is a nice solid piece of kit and at 120db the alarm siren is pretty piercing to the ears.

Please be aware that with some models of disc locks that have built in alarms, these can be tampered with by thieves.
From what I have read thieves can simply put a bit of gum over the speaker hole and drown out up to 80% of the volume.

Xena's alarm speaker hides on the inside of the disc lock, which will be a lot harder for anyone to access...

Xena XX6Y Alarmed Disk Lock Xena XX6Y Alarmed Disk Lock

Old 02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Xena10, but I have the supermoto version i don't know if they brake rotor is so different as to not allow the same size pin

Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I ended up getting the xena xx6, It came in a couple days ago and its very cool, however i think you cant have enough security and i want to know if someone is messing with it like the scorpion paging alarm on my vtx1800. So i just ordered the gorilla 8017 paging alarm up to 1/2 mile. Yes insurance would pay for replacement if it got stolen, but the many many hours i put into mods in this bike wouldn't be compensated for.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Agreed, if i do get my bike back from the insurance company i think security will be taken a lot more seriously a built in alarm perhaps and maybe an anchor point some where...
Glad you like the xx6 make sure you put it on the bike

Old 02-20-2014, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
I'm not sure on the size of the holes in the disc but I did get the xena xx6 which has a 6mm locking pin.
It fits fine in either the front or rear disc.
It is a nice solid piece of kit and at 120db the alarm siren is pretty piercing to the ears.

Please be aware that with some models of disc locks that have built in alarms, these can be tampered with by thieves.
From what I have read thieves can simply put a bit of gum over the speaker hole and drown out up to 80% of the volume.

Xena's alarm speaker hides on the inside of the disc lock, which will be a lot harder for anyone to access...

Xena XX6Y Alarmed Disk Lock
Cheaper and more effective to have 2 or 3 separate theft deterrents...

I would suggest a nice bright/obvious disc lock to occupy the little bar stewards brain cells and a hidden motion sensor alarm. By the time they have thought about how to get past the lock and had a go at it, the alarm will be "alarming" them. They won't be able to find it quickly so hopefully will panic and leg it and trip and break their necks.

If you are leaving the bike somewhere like your girlfrined's place you described, you could also get yourself a dummy knackered wiring loom which you leave poking out from behind the headlight. Hopefully the thief will think somebody has already tried and failed to hotwire the bike** and either give up or be confused.

** even better if you wire the dummy loom to the mains (although of course this is illegal, in fact it's probably illegal even in the land of "Make my day, punk! :-))