KLX security?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Default KLX security?

hi! I just bought a 2009 KLX 250S!

what's the best way to secure your bike when you're out n about? (I now have a fear of 2 guys coming along and putting my bike right into the back of their truck )

Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX security?

HAHAHA.... ABBYNORMAL.... is that from young franenstein? hilarious......

Real eazy.... just carry around a 200lbs chunk of concrete and lock your bike to it......

Sorry man there isnt... the most you can do is get a disc lock..... ya cant stop someone from just picking it up....

Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM

yep... I stole it from young frankenstein

thanks - I guess I'll go pick up a disc lock - thanks for the advice

Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Lo-Jack! And a 10MM in case you catch them in the act.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

i have a small cable lock from my mountain bike that i sometimes take with me. its light so i can just hang it from the carrier when riding, but when i reach my destination i just park close to a large object and chain the bike to it. good luck picking it up then, and it is a little noticable when someone tries to cut a bike cable to steal a bike.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 PM

Pay your insurance
If it gets stolen buy a new one

Make sure your insurance covers the total on road costs including extra you have put on.

I have my bike fully insured so they can take it if they want.

Let the insurance company worry about your concern

Old 06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

My first KLX was stolen from a large apartment parking lot 50 feet away from the main office at 6:00 PM on a warm sunny day with lots of people around. And yes I had the thing chained to a steel railing with 2 1" chains and padalocks as well as the steering lock..... It is never safe!! Just be sure to have FULL REPLACEMENT insurance and not replacement value insurance!!!!(motorcycles value depreciates MEGA FAST!!!). When my bike got stolen I lost the 5months payments as well as the insurance gave me replacement value which was $1000.00 less than I owed so I lost a total of $2150.00 asn then i had to buy my new bike!!!!!!

Ken

Old 06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and all that was left was the chains locks and the bolt cutters that they used to steal the bike!!! when I reported to the RCMP they wouldent even come get the evidence they took my statement and told me that they do not look for stolen vehiches "That's why you have insurance" is what the cop told me!!!! Well 3 months later the RCMP phoned me and told me that they found my bike. Itr was in the back of a brand new "STOLEN" pick-up with another "STOLEN" bike.............................. It had been Burned in the local gravel pit!!!

Ken

Old 06-17-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

that sucks bro![:@]

Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I run full insurance and when I can I pin the bike between two vehicles or house or something.....That way they have to lift it and carry it over a vehicle..Too bad we couldnt have a gps chip in em...

Quick Reply: KLX security?