Recieved the Dunlop 606

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Recieved the Dunlop 606

Marty,,

I noticed that you have a new red spring on your center shock.. whats this all about?? is it stiffer or what.. tell me about it cause I think that it just looks cool too.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

You have pictures of the new tire installed??

Old 04-28-2006, 05:47 AM

Gravy Train,

I had bought that spring - a Progressive Suspension product - for my KLR250. It was sitting in the shop when I brought the KLX home and I started looking at it. I put the KLX on the table and jacked up the rear and did the swingarm lubrication. Since the shock was hanging free I pulled it off. It is a simple matter to remove the spring, so I did. Then I compared it to the spring that was sitting there waiting to be installed in the KLR250. H'mmm, it's the same inside diameter, same length overall but a bit thicker coils. I tried it, it fit and I've been happy with it.

So, now you know!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:49 PM

Hey guys just giving a little update, I have the pictures but since something interesting happened to me on my bike last night I did not have time to post the pictures. I even took a picture of my Muffler to appease Nobreaks. Well, the tire worked really well, but....... I will put pics up later of what the tire could not handle, surprise, surprise[:@], it made me really late to get home, and it sucked really bad, and no there were no flats and my bike is not damaged lol, you will see what I am talking about later, I will post the whole ride report on ADV when I get home later today.

EDIT:

Oh ya I have to thank SDUNNE for his setting on the suspension. I used SDUNNES suspension settings that he put up on this website earlier, and all I have to say is it made a world of difference. No longer do I dive into the ground every time I use the front brakes, which I always hated. Also my front forks did not match the settings that were labled in the books, and neither did my rear, but it doesn't matter now because the suspension is so much better. My advice is if you have not changed your suspension settings yet, DO IT!!! Worlds of difference.

I was having a blast with the new suspension setting, new tire gripping the dirt, and then the unfortunate event happened that stopped all the fun, I was so pissed[:@]

I will be posting about the incident at around 6-7:00 p.m Eastern time, The pictures will help explain everything, it will give you that much more insight, it was pretty damned funny now that I think of it, but when it happened I was damned furious. Until then I'm not saying a peep lol.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmm, my clock shows 8:50 EST..........where's the pics and story?

Old 04-30-2006, 02:21 AM

EDIT:

Oh ya I have to thank SDUNNE for his setting on the suspension. I used SDUNNES suspension settings that he put up on this website earlier, and all I have to say is it made a world of difference. No longer do I dive into the ground every time I use the front brakes, which I always hated. Also my front forks did not match the settings that were labled in the books, and neither did my rear, but it doesn't matter now because the suspension is so much better. My advice is if you have not changed your suspension settings yet, DO IT!!! Worlds of difference.
Does anyone have those suspensions settings readily aviailable, I cant seem to find that post...

Thanks,

Kris

Old 05-01-2006, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Inca,

Not sure if you bought a lift yet, I got this from Sears, It will also lift ATV's. It comes with Tie-down straps so your bike doesn't fall on you while you're working on it. It was $90 (I think).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1849/3BAA183D14CC413E88E695B195F8D0F8.jpg[/IMG]