put my SF on the dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I went ahead and took the air box lid off today. I must say it absolutely worthless to do this. I lose all the ride ability and am cranking on the gas to get anything out of it. So i put the lid back on. Reinforcing my idea was dynojet themselves, they don't offer to take the lid off like the jetting for the 300. At any rate since I was running a tad rich I decided to go down to the dj124 from the 128. HUGE difference. WAY more top end. Going to have to go back to the dyno. I just can't get my idle screw sorted. I'm afraid to turn it in till it stutters. It gets hot and the fans come on and the temp light comes on, just scary

Old 07-22-2010, 04:12 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sw0ggd0gg
I went ahead and took the air box lid off today. I must say it absolutely worthless to do this. I lose all the ride ability and am cranking on the gas to get anything out of it. So i put the lid back on. Reinforcing my idea was dynojet themselves, they don't offer to take the lid off like the jetting for the 300. At any rate since I was running a tad rich I decided to go down to the dj124 from the 128. HUGE difference. WAY more top end. Going to have to go back to the dyno. I just can't get my idle screw sorted. I'm afraid to turn it in till it stutters. It gets hot and the fans come on and the temp light comes on, just scary
Well...if you're bike is running great as tuned and jetted with the lid on, why would you expect it to run correctly just by pulling the lid off and allowing more air? I'm not sure I understand your logic here.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Lets follow the convo, i pulled the lid with bigger jetting/needle setting, ran like garbage. Then went and fine tuned the lid on. Okay now?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Well...if you're bike is running great as tuned and jetted with the lid on, why would you expect it to run correctly just by pulling the lid off and allowing more air? I'm not sure I understand your logic here.
There seems to be no logic to his posts, or tuning procedure. Nowhere in this thread does he indicate that he did it correctly. In fact, after near perfect AFR readings, he's fiddling with the jets again.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

sw0, let's be frank here...and not stated as a flame. Something is wrong in many of your posts. Either you don't really know as much as you state about tuning or working on your motorcycle, or you have minimal writing skills in conveying your activities. This is a written forum with the luxury of the occasional attached pic. You have to write in a clear and descriptive manner for others to comprehend what you're doing. You may indeed know what you're talking about, but your technical writing has your results all over the place. Your posts appear that they were slammed out on the keyboard without a lot of thought. You've admitted as much on several of your posts already. Maybe you could slow down a bit on your posts and proof read them carefully. Without that, a lot of it comes out as jibberish. Again, I state this as friendly advice and not just some kind of hate slam.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

IG....................
i just know it.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Could be...

Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 PM
1st Gear Member

WHAT THE FAK IS IG? And yeah sometimes I think/write in logic. Figuring everyone knows before/after/within. i just figure everyone could follow based on previous posts but i guess not.

Due to my first post in this post about my rich condition at WOT, I rejetted. I was also running a tad bit lean on some section of half throttle, so i had to adjust needle, therefore, for fuel economy, I had to retune the fuel screw. Now it actually has top end.

Anyways in defense of my procedure. writing logically is seen two ways. YOU have already read everything, thus you know. I have read the same, and now have done the same. therefore re-explanation is not necessary. Which is why I didnt make a post saying "OMG I INSTALLED MY BIG BORE AND GOT IT RIGHT AND IT WORKS....!!!!!" Because i already exhausted every attempt of damaging it, so now i know and now there is no possibility of being wrong. So it is done, and happy to say that there is a 1k on it and no problems.

i am not autistic, but the most genius person i have ever heard was an autistic person. they where on TV and she could type clearly and extremely intelligently.

She sais something like this. "If another autistic person where to walk by, we would not wave to say hello. We would not say hello. Because we already know."

Just in my defense, dont mean to turn this post into a psyc class. But my though process is very efficient, and i sometimes dont turn it off when typing, sorry.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sw0ggd0gg
Just in my defense, dont mean to turn this post into a psyc class. But my though process is very efficient, and i sometimes dont turn it off when typing, sorry.
rotflmao ..... IG is back

Welcome bro...its been slow around here.

Name:  iowa.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  17.2 KB

Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Nm i found this IG, guy. looks like a tool. But no im not him. This is my first kawasaki. And before that a crf230f. i lived in youngstown ohio, just moved to dayton. But uh yeah, no not that guy. Anyways. Yeah.

Last edited by sw0ggd0gg; 07-24-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: put my SF on the dyno.