Problem "ALMOST" Solved..

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Thank you for all those great explanations EMS I really really wish I could let one of you ride my bike and see..

I will somehow think my brain off and come up with a solution lol.. What I cant understand is, My bike has almost the same set up as most of you, and why the hell doesnt your jetting work for me??? LOL..

I just now came to one conclusion looking at the Chart which shows the different throttle positions and what factors apply... What I thought is, I only have the problem when snapping the throttle from idle.. But maybe from a little less than 1/2 throttle when I snap open to WOT, it accelerates like a raped ape lol.. So that kinda confirms my main jet is ok and the factors I have to consider are the Air Screw and the pilot jet.. Is this a correct theory?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea..... when i took my air box lid off compeltely, when i jumped on the throttle, it fell on its face..... too much air..... so i put the lid back on, and took the snorkel out.... adjust the needle a little bit... but sounds like your getting too much air... 40 pilot was too rich for me.....

Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Savagekilla
Oh.. I didnt take that into consideration lol.. I will try the 2nd notch and if no luck, the 1st..Thanks for replying to my thread Jason

Are you being serious, or were you just messing with me? If your serious your welcome. If your screwing with me then **** OFF MATE! lol

Now I'm messing with you.
________
Free **** xxx

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member

No Jason I would never try to be funny with someone who's trying to help me.. I really didnt take the length of the needle into consideration lol... Im a dumbass..

EMS, I even tried running without the snorkle, but it runs better with the whole lid off.. It falls on its face more without the snorkle only.. So that points out to my bike being too rich... WOW THIS IS CONFUSING!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea, if it falls on its face with the lid removed..... too much fuel.....

Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

If my main jet is wrong, snapping it even from 1/2 throttle to WOT would be a problem right?

My only problem is snapping it from like idle to Wot..

Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member

did you say what pilot you had in? being as you have a slip on the stock is probably too small, you probably need like a 38 pilot. and your needle should probably be in the middle position..but you say its better with the stock one, which from what I have seen hangs lower making it leaner.

dare I say this...but, why don't you try putting the bike completely back to stock again? snorkel in, stock filter, stock exhaust, stock jets and settings. see what it runs like from there.
________
Back & spinal problems forums

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

It used to run perfect without re-jetting and with the whole airbox lid on.. But problems started after taking off the airbox lid and re-jetting..

My pilot is a 35 (Stocker).

Westoz once told me to open the A/F Screw three turns and see how it runs.. I didnt do it.. I will try it though.. And I will let you guys know how it goes.
Thank you everyone!

Specially

EMS_0525
WestOzKlx
JasonFMX
Tremor38
Redpillar

I really aprreciate what you guys say

Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I have the stock pilot jet in, with the lid on, and snorkel removed.... 128 main, cant remember what clip. i did have a 40 pilot jet in and the idle wouldnt stay the same, sometimes it wouild be high, sometimes it would be low.... get the 35 pilot back in if it isnt already. then adjust the a/f screw, mine is 2.5 turns out.

Quick Reply: Problem "ALMOST" Solved..