Problem "ALMOST" Solved..

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Problem "ALMOST" Solved..

Hey people.. As most of you might know I had an acceleration probem when snapping the throttle on my KLX.. It would Kind of BOG..

So after everything everyone suggested.. I thought to my self, "MAYBE I'm running a Main Jet which is too big".. At the time I was trying the Dynojet #132 to solve the problem but it didnt help.. And at the same time someone on here posted a Coversion of Dynojet Jet Sizes to Keihin.. So the #132 was actually a #140+ in Keihin size.. So I then yesterday, put on the smallest Main Jet in the Dynojet kit.. The #120.. And it solved the problem alot but it is still there.. Could it be, my bike saying " NOW ITS TIME FOR A DAMN PUMPER CARB!" ? LOL..

Anyways I dont have that kind of money right now, so what do you guys suggest? My Dynojet Needle is on the 3rd Position.. Shall I try the 2nd position?

Do you guys think I should let more air in to the fact that it is still too rich? As in should I put on an UNI or Twin Air Filter?

Thanks a lot guys!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

What is your pilot size and fuel screw setting? And elevation?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

it sucks when can't nail it on the first few times huh!?. are you still using the stock air filter? and is it clean? a clogged filter with richen up the mix so make sure it's clean and doesn't have too much oil on it. since you've done the main i'd go to the ari box lid next. if your already full open then i'd go to the needle. those are the easiest to get to.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

So wait, let me get this straight. You had the largest jet in it possible, and you obviously had a problem. So, to resolve this problem, instead of going down a few sizes you found it logical to put the very smallest one in, and of course, it still doesn't work right. (for obvious reasons) And your finding this odd?

How bout trying a #124 -#128 there champ. And post up what airbox, mod, bore, pipe, elevation, temperature, air screw adjustments. Those will make the world of difference.
________
Marijuana Hemp

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Well a Dynojet #120 Main (What I have now) is equal to a Keihin #127.5 ..

And I just cleaned the stock air filter yesterday.. And I have the air box lid off..

And I have tried the #128 Main, #132 Main and now the #120 Main with some luck! And I'v found out the best performance is with the #120 Main but I'm nit getting every bit of I'v tried the 2nd,3rd and 4th positions on the needle with no luck..

My current jetting specs are :

#120 Dynojet Main.
3rd Position on DJ Needle.
Stock 35 Pilot.
And drilled vacum slide as per dynojet instructions.

Air Box-US Style with no lid.
Bore-Stock.
Pipe- RSV Slip On.
Elevation- 0 - 200ft.
Temperature-28 to 32'c..
Air Screw- is about 2.75 turns open.

Basically speaking I have tried everything.. What do you guys suggest now?

Old 10-26-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Check your float height. while your doing that make sure the float needle isn't sticking.
I doubt that that is the problem but you've done just about everything else.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Savage. You've got to dump the OE filter. It's a sponge.
I think we've been over the jetting before. Keihin #132 main or larger for you my man. The AUS bikes come stock with a #132 main and ran fine with the stock (chocked) pipe.
You've got a free flowin' slip on. You should be jetting UP, not down. The carb' is a CV type. There is always going to be some hesitation when you snap the throttle to WOT.
If you want to improve the throttle response you could trim the carb' slide spring 1/2 inch to 3.5 inches.
You must be an expert in carb' removal by now. I can have mine out and back in under 30 minutes now.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Dude.. Yeah I wanna get a Uni ASAP..

Upto now I have tried #128,#132 and #120 Dynojet Mains.. And the best out of the lot was the #120.. So that means I did something right by going leaner lol..

Maybe I should also try the #124 ? Then I'v tried all 4 Jets in the Kit lol..

Maybe I'm imagining things about this problem cuz My dad and another Bike shop guy rode my bike and said there is absolutely nothing wrong lol.. Maybe its the small hesitation of the CVK?

And I would have trimmed the Slide Spring but I read somewhere that it is not reccomended to Trim the Spring and Drill the Slide Lift hole both together? If thats all BS I shall try it next week haha..

Lol I'm pretty good at removing and re-fitting the carb now..

From all that you assume now, what do you suggest I do?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

My advice is to listen to WestOZ. And also, I think its your personal preference. Your expecting it to snap like a pumper and its just going to happen.

Best of luck, I know it sucks jetting these things. I'm doing it now. Pain in the dupa.
________
EXTEME Q

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

wow, I didn't realize the DJ jets were that much larger. On my '06 I ran a 128 Keihin main with full BigGun. On my '09, I'm running a 128 DJ main, Muzzy full and it runs exactly the same. Are we sure on the DJ/Keihin conversion sizes?

Quick Reply: Problem "ALMOST" Solved..