Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler.

As promised here are the pics. KX 500 08 special is the mother of all dirt bikes. I want one but AUS $20,000.00, is a tad too steep for my pockets.
Draw you own conlusion sabout the PC pipe, some haters already have.[:@] All I'll add is that talking to the mechanic today, he said it was a 15 minute fitting with no more parts required. Oh and the header is the stock 2009 header. I was also informed this is exactly the same as my 07 header. No worries eh.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

oz- the airbox on the aussie '09 is totally different than the US version. I friggin love that pipe and it looks like the new ones come with the cone tail which is what I want. I've got a line on a 300 header for free and I am going to be ordering one of these PC's. I'll go snap some pics of my '09's airbox right close where you did that '09 and people can compare them. It's hard to tell if the headers are different lengths. After I post my pics, people can see and then make some conclusions. thx for those awesome pics man.

edit: looks like to me the US spec header is still just a smidge shorter, but it's hard to tell officially. I can't get aussie parts fiche anywhere to look at part #'s. I'd love to use my new header with this Pro-Circuit instead of the used one I've found.

After looking at the pics, it's easy to tell why this Pro-Circuit fit- the aussie spec '09 KLX uses the 300R header which is about an inch longer as KLXer pointed outcould bea possibility. I've got to give you props lx'er, you figured that one out and simplified when us others couldn't think of that.
One thing that came out of this is that this new PC has the new awesome imo cone tail. And it has red in the logo, I'm all over it. Ebay has them for around $275. Not bad'tall.
[IMG]local://upfiles/8647/31F78F82F4B7437F96586C93D8EE6B21.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah! We get the 300's high flow airboot. SWEEEEET. What do you think of the awesome KX 500.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I'm jealous of you guys' KLX's breathing abilities.[&o]I'm surprised no one has tried to install a 300R airbox to their 250S to bring in more air.
I didn't even realize Kawi still produced the 500 monster. I wonder what 60 rwhp feels like when that powerband kicks in?[:-]
And people think 450's and 510's are powerful. Nah, they'd feel likethe KLX250 when getting off that KX500 I'm bettin'. That dealership looks friggin awesome!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member

The KX500 is made to order in the USA by these guys, http://www.servicehonda.com/kx500af.html. They also do CR500's, but who wants a red bike.[sm=boosign.gif]
If we get the 300 header here down under, it could explain the fitting issue I had with my 2 Brothers pipe. Also the statement the Kwaka mechanic made about the 07 and the 09 KLX's having the same header. IMHO I think it will fit a US 09 without too much work.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

nah, it's too short. this is an 'understood' thing in the USA regarding the 300R and 250S header lengths. You're right, that does explain why your two-bros. didn't fit well. You'd think it would have been too long since the 300 header is longer and the 2-bros. is designed for the 250S' shorter header. I don't know. All this talk is getting boring. I'm out for now.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:03 AM

I have a Pro Curcuit pipe on DRZ400E
Great pipe and sounds great.

Buy one if you can get on for the KLX
I will replace my TPK on my KLX soon with one of these

Old 04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

IG, yer a genius...

Change out that top end in your two stroke race bike yet?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow. That KX500 is amazing. Those things need alot of open space to ride.I dare someone to take that thing on a hare scramble.

Mike

Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

IG, yer a genius...

Change out that top end in your two stroke race bike yet?

traded for the new model each year from '88-'93; never saw a piston and rings. Dealer ported and polished each one though after initial break-in. Never had any top end rebuilds. You've never raced before evidently; I don't know why you think it's common to have to rebuild a 2-stroke during race season. They're virtually indestructible. Show me some proof that supports your belief that a teardown after each race is required with a 2-stroke. I think you're confusing the 2-stroke maintenance with a 4-stroke's. But hey, when you're sitting in the stands where you were and not sitting at the starting gate where I was for 6 years, it's easy to see why someone would be confused about dirt bikes and how to maintain a 2-stroke.

BTW- my father has a Homelite 150 automatic chainsaw he bought in '77. He's used it for 30 years until I just bought him a new Stihl MD-250 for Christmas. The homelite NEVER saw any internal repairs. It runs as strong as day one. You gonna dispute that too?

As far as the genius comment, well that's pushing it. But we did get a lot accomplished with this here thread. We learned alot about stock aussie/USA exhausts and airboxes that no one knew before lastnight. Alright, I am a genius but let's be hush-hush about it, kay?

Quick Reply: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*