Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Default RE: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler.

Cool ... thanks for the info! BTW, are you running your 2-bros without a power tip? I'm probably going to go the P3 route as I will occasionally commute to work and ride around town on this bike.

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

See the You Tube link HERE. and click on the more info tab for the basic specs.
#128 sounds cool for the US bike as you apparently have a small header than our AUS spec KLX. Also air airboot flows more air, ALA KLX300.
We also get a different needle here down under, N1RX.
IMHO I wouldn't worry about a new snorkel, just remove the stock item and save your cash.
I have modified the slide in the carb, no need for you to do that as yours is fine in stock form.
There is a mod you need to perform on the fuel screw access.
Stock filter, for now.
At sea level, and run up to about 800 feet.
I think the best place to start is the HMF Engineering page HERE.
ORIGINAL: SherpaDude

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

If I've got A 2 Brothers pipe (designed for the US 250 header) and it fits my "apparent" 300 header (IMHO, like a glove). Then isn't it a reasonable thought, that a pipe (PC T4) designed for a US 300 header will fit the us 250 header. I'm sure someone will bite the bullet and buy one, and fill us in on how the fit is.[sm=drooldude.gif]
WestOz--can you share your "Oz carb mods?" Have you described them in a link somewhere? I'm installingmy Two Brothers slip-on sometime in the next week or so. I figure with the KDX200 snorkel, and riding between 500-1500ft elevation, that I'd start with a #128 main (along with the other carb mods) and work from there. Also, have you done anything with airflow? What kind of air filter are you running?

Jeff

Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah mate. Nothing around here to worry except Roos and Emus.
"Loud pipes save lives."

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
if that header is stock, you can have my '09 bike finger.
WAY COOL!!!!!! I got a new RED KLX....ha ha ha

If you check another thread he had to slightly mod the T-4 to fit the STOCK klx header...... send me an IM and I'll give ya my shipping address.....better yet I could use a vacation.....I'll fly up one way and drive the basturd to DC and take the auto train home.
how would you "slightly mod" the T4 to fit a stock KLX250S header? Everyone knows this header is SHORTER than a KLX300R's header. To elongate either piece is not a "light or slight mod", you'd have to weld a piece on or add a section and somehow hope it seals up. You're spreading around false information that the T4 fits the 250S header, that is not accurate. I wish I wasn't the only one who had ***** around here to tell it like it isbecause you are spreading around inaccurate info that the newbies will think is true. Brian, can you help me out here? Will you tell these guys the 250S header is shorter than a 300 and everyone knows the slip-ons for the 300 will NOT fit a 250S. This is why 300R exhaust systems are so sought after. Finger, I would have thought you would know that by now. I wouldn't buy your plane ticket just yet, you're more wrong than you know. You're just too naive to see it evidently.
OK DIPSTICK HERE IS HOW I DID IT AND IF U LOOK IN THE DARN PICS U CAN SEE. I TOOK THE PC T-4 PIPE AND I PUT 3 CUTS IN THE END OF THE PIPE SINCE THE PC PIPE IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE OUTLET OF THE HEADER AND A LIL BIT SHORTER I USED A STOCK EXHAUST GASKET AND A PEICE OF PIPE I FOUND AT MY LOCAL ACE HARDWARE AND I PUT THE PIPE INSIDE THE PC PIPE AND PUT THE END OF IT INTO THE OUTLET OF THE HEADER. PUT THE STOCK CLAMP BACK ON THE PIPE AND WALA I HAVE A PC T-4 PIPE ON MY BIKE SPENDING LESS THAN 5 DOLLARS RATHER THAN 98.01 PLUS SHIPPING FOR A NEW KLX300R 06 HEADPIPE FROM WWW.BIKEBANDIT.COM.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

My comments from the pics:

1. The thick washer goes in between the frame & the muffler mount--not on the end by the head of the bolt.

2. Another tell is that 300 headers use hex head bolts to hold the heat shield on. The US 250S headers use button head allen bolts. The one in the pic uses hex. Ya bolts can be changed but Kawasaki's not that slick. Aus 250S bikes use the 300 header.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djmerullo
OK DIPSTICK HERE IS HOW I DID IT AND IF U LOOK IN THE DARN PICS U CAN SEE. I TOOK THE PC T-4 PIPE AND I PUT 3 CUTS IN THE END OF THE PIPE SINCE THE PC PIPE IS THE SAME SIZE AS THE OUTLET OF THE HEADER AND A LIL BIT SHORTER I USED A STOCK EXHAUST GASKET AND A PEICE OF PIPE I FOUND AT MY LOCAL ACE HARDWARE AND I PUT THE PIPE INSIDE THE PC PIPE AND PUT THE END OF IT INTO THE OUTLET OF THE HEADER. PUT THE STOCK CLAMP BACK ON THE PIPE AND WALA I HAVE A PC T-4 PIPE ON MY BIKE SPENDING LESS THAN 5 DOLLARS RATHER THAN 98.01 PLUS SHIPPING FOR A NEW KLX300R 06 HEADPIPE FROM WWW.BIKEBANDIT.COM.
Ok, djmerullo....Welcome, sorry to drag ya into the muffler mayhem...lol. ..but Iowa was low on Lithium.. .. So with a MINOR MOD ....the T-4 pipe fits like a champ.

Iowa when can I pic up your bike.... it better be clean.. I already know it has no miles on it. lol. Do you have an airport close to your pad?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh I liked the DIPSTICK reference......you'll fit in just fine here.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Finger, Let me know if you want to unload your new 09. I live in Nebraska and could save some money on shipping. What's a used low mileage 09 worth now days?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djmerullo
Ok, djmerullo....Welcome, sorry to drag ya into the muffler mayhem...lol. ..but Iowa was low on Lithium.. .. So with a MINOR MOD ....the T-4 pipe fits like a champ.

Iowa when can I pic up your bike.... it better be clean.. I already know it has no miles on it. lol. Do you have an airport close to your pad?
simply put, the pro-circuit T4 will NOT fit a 250S header. Sure, you can jerryrig anything to get it to fit, but his "mod" sounds like some joehick contraption whose idea wouldn't even make it into my garage let alone on my bike.
If you like the '09 that much, maybe you should upgrade.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Why do ya have to have the insults Iowa, are you insecure. His mod looks good, look at the pics he posted.

At least he does mods and not just talk about them.

What have you done?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Why do ya have to have the insults Iowa, are you insecure. His mod looks good, look at the pics he posted.

At least he does mods and not just talk about them.

What have you done?
did you not comment on him calling me a "DIPSTICK"? Saying that you "loved it"?
Is that not an insult? from both of you? pot calling kettle black here? go back to looking at your '09 brochure, ya lover.it's all good bro.

Quick Reply: Pro Circuit T4 slip on muffler. * NEW PICS*