New addition to the family

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New addition to the family

ORIGINAL: beast rider

Thx guys for your welcome notes and Mike, I'm Canadian as well...must be OK eh?
We're both "foreign imports" because I'm a US citizen in Canada, and you're a Canadian citizen in the US. I guess Nature has a way of keeping everything in balance, and this is just another example, eh?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:26 AM

Welcome form Atlanta! You didn't wast any time modding. How do you like the fender pack? Does it make the fender flap around when you jump? These bikes are FUN! I have 5 bikes and ride this onethe most. Enjoy!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, dropping in on a post for a first isn't exactly whatI anticipated but cool either way. I havebeen floating around so longI refer to the first (free) modsas the "grapevine mods",I got the bike early last summer and love it. My experience prior was limited and had been riding hopped up mini's up here in the single tracks of mid-upper minnesota. Since, that's what I do with this bike as well as commute @ 10 miles from time to time (license isssues last summer, primarily trail rides)All I have done has been mostly thanks to the core of this site. We know who they are. I still have away to go, pipe, crankcase breather etc.I just wanted to offer a tidbit I wanted to share while having a look at the bike during a heat wave up in Minneapolis area of 30+ degrees having a smoke in the garage.I havepurchased alot of the short d.o.t. approved signal lamps, I tend to tip over quite a bit. They are brittle so if you lay it down and the hit the ground they're shot anyways so.... I have shorties in front because the acerbis's and bars protect the front when the dump happens, on the rear I have installed connectors in the wires so after removing 4 pieces of hardware i can remove rack and stock signals and leave them at camp or carry them for road conditions later. Always prepared.p.s. Most of my hesitation has been because of my lack of computer skills and camera availability. Worthless without photos.....I don't think so. Thank you everyone, I check in all day long

Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, a hardy welcome to both "beast rider" and "mnmadness" to the forum.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome, enjoy ur stay!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to both of you. Thats a pretty slick idea about having connectors on the turn signal wires and just take the whole rack off with signals attached ... [sm=goodidea.gif] i just got rid of those ones all together....

Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Evildoer, No the fender pack is not a problem as it's pretty light. I got it from Wolfman luggage and I just put my tire stuff in it, (Tubes, CO2 carts, etc), it snugs down nice and tight to the fender and you can crimp the clamps to fit perfect on the fender. The bottom side has a coating of rubber on it so it does not slide around. Good cheap solution to carry the tire stuff.